Junior Member

Default Secondary glazing from the caterer

A little birdie has told me that a cheap alternative to filmglaze stuff is to buy a big roll of catering clingfilm and some double sided tape.
Is this an urban myth or no?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Stirling

Windy Miller wrote:

A little birdie has told me that a cheap alternative to filmglaze stuff
is to buy a big roll of catering clingfilm and some double sided tape.
Is this an urban myth or no?

Anything like this will work.
Clarity, and robustness may vary though.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , Windy Miller
writes

A little birdie has told me that a cheap alternative to filmglaze stuff
is to buy a big roll of catering clingfilm and some double sided tape.

Is this an urban myth or no?

No, it's a thin plastic film often used for packing food

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Windy Miller wrote:
A little birdie has told me that a cheap alternative to filmglaze stuff
is to buy a big roll of catering clingfilm and some double sided tape.
Is this an urban myth or no?

--
Windy Miller

You can get plastic heat shrink film which you attach with double sided
tape and then shrink with a hair dryer so it is nice and taught.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Owain wrote:
manatbandq wrote:
You can get plastic heat shrink film which you attach with double sided
tape and then shrink with a hair dryer so it is nice and taught.

Where from?

Wickes, next to the draught excluder strip - another thing I noticed
yesterday! I *think* it's 6 sq. m. for £5.99 - I didn't buy any, so I
don't know the exact size. There seems to be a roll of 10mm wide tape
in the package.

Magnetic tape for secondary glazing DMac UK diy 2 September 22nd 05 07:53 PM
Secondary double glazing - recommendations? Lobster UK diy 5 January 22nd 05 09:32 AM
Insulating a victorian end terrace house. (Secondary Glazing?) anthony james UK diy 15 March 15th 04 04:52 PM
Secondary Double Glazing Owain UK diy 2 August 10th 03 06:26 PM
Secondary double glazing for patio doors? John Smith UK diy 0 July 20th 03 11:27 PM