Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM

Default Can anyone identify make of this tap?

http://www.visual.basic.freeuk.com/

Thanks.

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Set Square

MM wrote:

http://www.visual.basic.freeuk.com/

Thanks.

MM

Apart from being white rather then chrome, it looks remarkably like my
Franke tap - but other makes may be similar, so I can't be certain that
yours is Franke.

Do you have a problem with it. I can tell you where to get Franke spares, if
necessary.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 12:19:24 -0000, "Set Square"

MM wrote:

http://www.visual.basic.freeuk.com/

Thanks.

MM

Apart from being white rather then chrome, it looks remarkably like my
Franke tap - but other makes may be similar, so I can't be certain that
yours is Franke.

Do you have a problem with it.

The spout is very stiff to swivel, but gets easier when the hot water
has run for a bit.

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Set Square wrote:
MM wrote:

Do you have a problem with it. I can tell you where to get Franke spares, if
necessary.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Sorry I can't help with the tap identification but I have a Franke tap
that needs replacement ceramic disc things so a recomendation for a
spares provider would come in very handy if you have it. Thanks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nigel Molesworth

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 12:40:26 +0000, MM wrote:

The spout is very stiff to swivel, but gets easier when the hot water
has run for a bit.

Turn it 90 degrees to the left and try to lift it off; if no joy, try
the right. Replace O-ring and lubricate with silicone grease.

--
Nigel M

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Sharrock

"MM" wrote in message
news
http://www.visual.basic.freeuk.com/

Thanks.

MM

Other have suggest Franke: I think you'll find
that name embossed on the left hand side of
the tap - (second of your two photos)
HTH

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Set Square

MM wrote:

http://www.visual.basic.freeuk.com/

Thanks.

MM

Apart from being white rather then chrome, it looks remarkably like
my Franke tap - but other makes may be similar, so I can't be
certain that yours is Franke.

Do you have a problem with it.

The spout is very stiff to swivel, but gets easier when the hot water
has run for a bit.

MM

If it *is* a Franke tap, you should be able to remove the spout by turning
it clockwise by 90 degrees so that it lines up with hot tap. It then lifts
out. A smear of silicon grease or vaseline on the O-rings should cure the
problem.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 13:18:01 +0000, Nigel Molesworth
wrote:

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 12:40:26 +0000, MM wrote:

The spout is very stiff to swivel, but gets easier when the hot water
has run for a bit.

Turn it 90 degrees to the left and try to lift it off; if no joy, try
the right. Replace O-ring and lubricate with silicone grease.

Some weeks ago I did unscrew the ferrule, but there's a
circlip/snapring holding the spout in and I can't see how to get it
out, as it's a very tight fit. Now the weather is colder the spout is
even harder to swivel. I'm thinking about replacing the tap, but
that'll be a real pain, given that the pipes are soldered. Could try
using push-on flexipipes on a new tap, perhaps. I used them in my last
house and they didn't leak. Brilliant, actually.

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 14:40:03 -0000, "Set Square"

MM wrote:

http://www.visual.basic.freeuk.com/

Thanks.

MM

Apart from being white rather then chrome, it looks remarkably like
my Franke tap - but other makes may be similar, so I can't be
certain that yours is Franke.

Do you have a problem with it.

The spout is very stiff to swivel, but gets easier when the hot water
has run for a bit.

MM

If it *is* a Franke tap, you should be able to remove the spout by turning
it clockwise by 90 degrees so that it lines up with hot tap. It then lifts
out. A smear of silicon grease or vaseline on the O-rings should cure the
problem.

Cheers , SS, I'll give it a go. But not until Monday so that I can
rush to the shops if it all goes pear-shaped!

MM

Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 14:25:39 GMT, "Brian Sharrock"
wrote:

"MM" wrote in message
news
http://www.visual.basic.freeuk.com/

Thanks.

MM

Other have suggest Franke: I think you'll find
that name embossed on the left hand side of
the tap - (second of your two photos)
HTH

No, nothing to see anywhere on the tap. I even stuck a mirror behind
it. No identification marks of any kind.

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Nigel Molesworth wrote:
MM wrote:
The spout is very stiff to swivel, but gets easier when the hot water
has run for a bit.

Turn it 90 degrees to the left and try to lift it off; if no joy, try
the right. Replace O-ring and lubricate with silicone grease.

There may be a small grub screw in the back of the thing, which locates
the spout.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alex

http://www.south-services.com/home/home.html

Have used this company for franke spares and also a useful site for ident
purposes

Alex

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Set Square

MM wrote:

Some weeks ago I did unscrew the ferrule, but there's a
circlip/snapring holding the spout in and I can't see how to get it
out, as it's a very tight fit.

In that case, it's *not* like mine - and may not be a Franke. There is no
ferrule, and no circlip on mine. The body has a vertical slot in one
particular position, and the spout has a pin on the side which slides down
the slot. Once fully down, you can rotate the spout - and the pin then moves
in a circular horizontal groove, and keeps the spout in. A seal is achieved
by two different sizes of O-ring, which fit in grooves in the stepped end of
the spout.

Another possible approach to freeing up the end of your spout so that
rotates more easily is to remove the ferrule, and dribble some washing-up
liquid into the space under it.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 18:24:35 -0000, "Set Square"

MM wrote:

Some weeks ago I did unscrew the ferrule, but there's a
circlip/snapring holding the spout in and I can't see how to get it
out, as it's a very tight fit.

In that case, it's *not* like mine - and may not be a Franke. There is no
ferrule, and no circlip on mine. The body has a vertical slot in one
particular position, and the spout has a pin on the side which slides down
the slot. Once fully down, you can rotate the spout - and the pin then moves
in a circular horizontal groove, and keeps the spout in. A seal is achieved
by two different sizes of O-ring, which fit in grooves in the stepped end of
the spout.

Another possible approach to freeing up the end of your spout so that
rotates more easily is to remove the ferrule, and dribble some washing-up
liquid into the space under it.

I tried that, but the spout is a very close fit in the body and
washing up liquid just trickles down the side (outside).

MM

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steven Briggs

In message , Set Square
writes
MM wrote:

http://www.visual.basic.freeuk.com/

Thanks.

MM

Apart from being white rather then chrome, it looks remarkably like my
Franke tap - but other makes may be similar, so I can't be certain that
yours is Franke.

It looks very similar to the Franke Danube, but not quite. Knobs are
different...
http://www.insinks.co.uk/acatalog/co...al_Taps_1.html

Having just gone through a tap buying exercise (and bought said Danube
from insinks/Alaris), I fairly certain I've seen your model in one of
the sheds... Wickes or BnQ. If it were Franke, I think it would almost
certainly be clearly branded.
--
steve