Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,uk.d-i-y,sci.engr.lighting
Lars

Default UK question: ES light bulb better than bayonet?

Here in the UK many of the desk lamps I can buy nowadays take a bulb
with an Ediscon Screw fitting. Also many wall lights for outdoor use
(sometimes with a PIR detector) take an ES fitting bulb.

Until recently all I ever needed for a general purpose light bulb was
a bayonet fitting. Now ES fittings seem to be appearing!
Pictures: http://www.bltdirect.co.uk/base.htm

Is there a particular advantage of the ES fitting over the bayonet
fitting in these sorts of applications?

Three bulb ceiling light fixture question tomkanpa Home Repair 7 November 18th 05 06:19 PM
wiring confusion/ouside light James UK diy 1 May 25th 05 04:07 AM
Another BULB question PhilÅ UK diy 13 January 5th 05 11:19 PM
Inground spa light replacement question Neal Home Repair 2 October 4th 04 02:28 AM
changing a light bulb Joe Home Repair 6 March 8th 04 06:30 PM