Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick

Default Air Compressors - how many bar

Intend buying a new Air Compressor, up to now have used an 8 bar Clarke
model.

Looking at Machine Mart they have loads of compressors, many with
little difference between them ... looking for a 24 litre air receiver
..... Again there is plenty of choice .... But the key thing is Air
Pressure ..... majority are 8 bar models 1.5hp ..... but you can get
10 bar, but they are about 45% more expensive.

I was just about to buy an 8bar 7cfm model on sale as a special at a
big discount, and then chickened out at last moment. (would be more
than double price to get the equivalent 10bar model)

Trying to understand if/why I would need 10 bar, all my air nailers
etc. run at around 6 bar or less.
When do you need 10 bar? .... Assume it can't be for spraying as here
it would be cfm that is important not an extra 2 bar of pressure.

Anybody any idea ?

Question about Teflon tape for air compressors [email protected] Woodworking 36 November 23rd 05 03:38 AM
Old Air Compressors - Are They Better? Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 8 April 8th 05 01:06 AM
Harbor Freight air compressors... blueman Woodworking 5 December 14th 04 04:23 PM
Daisychaining air compressors SteveB Metalworking 6 March 2nd 04 08:19 AM
campbell hausfeld compressors quality Leon Woodworking 17 July 18th 03 02:08 PM