Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike

Default Garage door needed

I have a dying door to my garage and I can't seem to locate a
replacement. the sheds only have house doors, which are too big. I need
a more basic but sound item.
Any ideas on sources for such things? Couldn't find one on internet
either.
Thansk for any help you can give.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike

86 cm wide, 178 cm high

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Mike wrote:
I have a dying door to my garage and I can't seem to locate a
replacement. the sheds only have house doors, which are too big.
I need a more basic but sound item.

Go to B&Q, or Jewsons, buy enough PT&G floor boards, lay them out in a
door shape, cut more to brace, screw together through the braces, adding
small coach bolts to re-inforce (heads out), affix with "T" hinges,
fit tower bolts or padlock. "Creosote". Job done.

.----------------.
| |
| ============= |
| ============= |
| // |
| // |
| // |
| // |
| // |
| // |
| // |
| // |
| ============= |
| ============= |
| // |
| // |
| // |
| // |
| // |
| // |
| // |
| // |
| ============= |
| ============= |
|________________|
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Funfly3

"Mike" wrote in message
oups.com...
86 cm wide, 178 cm high

86cm??? thats wider than my doors which are 76cm

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Funfly3 wrote:
"Mike" wrote...
86 cm wide, 178 cm high

86cm??? thats wider than my doors which are 76cm

What's all this cm malarky?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Chris Bacon wrote:
Funfly3 wrote:
"Mike" wrote...
86 cm wide, 178 cm high

86cm??? thats wider than my doors which are 76cm

What's all this cm malarky?

Blame the french, I hate this metric crap!
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Mike wrote:
I have a dying door to my garage and I can't seem to locate a
replacement. the sheds only have house doors, which are too big. I
need a more basic but sound item.
Any ideas on sources for such things? Couldn't find one on internet
either.
Thansk for any help you can give.

I certainly ain't going to find the size you want though...too much like
hard work doing the conversion.
http://www.dynastydoors.co.uk/main.htm
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield

Mike has brought this to us :
86 cm wide, 178 cm high

Get a sheet of 1/4 marine ply cut to the above size, then add a timber
frame screwed to the rear of it to give it the appropriate thickness
you need.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)