Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Smith

Default Good enamel bath cleaner

Hi,

Can anyone suggest a good bathroom cleaner for an enamel bath? I don't think
the stuff they sell in Tescos hacks it - or does it - and I wondered whether
the DIY sheds might sell something a tad stronger?

Thanks,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Smith wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone suggest a good bathroom cleaner for an enamel bath? I don't think
the stuff they sell in Tescos hacks it - or does it - and I wondered whether
the DIY sheds might sell something a tad stronger?

What is it you are trying to clean off the bath?
Contrary to what you might imagine, the enamel is easily damaged by
stronger chemicals, and once the polished surface is damaged in this
way, it's very much harder to keep clean.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
John Smith wrote:
Can anyone suggest a good bathroom cleaner for an enamel bath? I don't
think the stuff they sell in Tescos hacks it - or does it - and I
wondered whether the DIY sheds might sell something a tad stronger?

T-Cut works well. How it works out price wise compared to 'proper'
products, I've no idea. It's a mild abrasive designed to polish up dull
paint on a car before waxing.

--
*It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Smith wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone suggest a good bathroom cleaner for an enamel bath? I don't think
the stuff they sell in Tescos hacks it - or does it - and I wondered whether
the DIY sheds might sell something a tad stronger?

Thanks,

John.

If the surface is dulled from long term damage then you're looking at
getting the polish back with varying grades of abrasives and a
polishing mop.

Regular cleaning after that should involve more elbow grease than
strong cleaners.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Owain writes:
Biological clothes-washing liquid. Smear on neat and leave for a while,
then rinse.

Hand wash ones specifically warn they must not be used in an
enamel bath. I would not take the absence of such a warning
on machine wash powder to indicate they will be any safer.

--
Andrew Gabriel