Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matthew

Default CH system draining.

Hi All,

I need to drain my CH again in the near future
in order to fit some new TRV's.
I was going to try some pipe freezing but abandoned that
just in case of accidents....

Is it ok to lock off all the rads that are not being
modified so that the drain time is shorter and the
refill is quicker (obviously along with tying the ballcock
up in the loft)?

BTW I noticed that although the system and rads are fairly new
and fernoxed last year there is still brown sediment in
bottom of the header tank. Is that normal (as far as I know
the CH is performing ok)?

Thanks,
Matthew

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
Matthew wrote:
Is it ok to lock off all the rads that are not being
modified so that the drain time is shorter and the
refill is quicker (obviously along with tying the ballcock
up in the loft)?

Hardly worth it I'd say. Then you'd need to keep a note of the number of
turns on the lockshield to get back to the correct balancing - then check
it afterwards.

FWIW, I'd replace all the TRVs at the same time and use a decent make.

--
*A closed mouth gathers no feet.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.