Junior Member

Unhappy Installation of multi-fuel burner

Hi there

I’ve just been given a quote for some work to be done on my property from an accredited HETAS engineers. The quote given was £250:-

Installation of a 5k Solid fuel Burner (no boiler)
Antidraft Cawl to be place on chimney

The chimney has already been lined and no further work is required there, and the present flue pipe is apparently sufficient.

Can you tell me if this quote is reasonable or not, it seems a bit excessive to me.

Hope somebody can help me;
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Séan Connolly

Default Installation of multi-fuel burner

Can you tell me if this quote is reasonable or not, it seems a bit
excessive to me.

We were quoted £400 to do the above, plus installing a gas fire in another
room (including a hearth, a concrete base for the hearth and install the
surround etc)

This was up north though, so labour is cheaper.