Posted to uk.d-i-y
Spamfree!

Default Ride-on mower - loading ramps sought!

Not off-topic, I hope, but definitely off-garden!

I've just bought a trailer to transport my ride-on mower for repair.

Now I need a pair of arched loading ramps. There are lots in USA for a
little over 100 dollars; the only ones I can find in UK (Northern Equipment
Co) are 130-ish pounds.

They're rarely seen on eBay.

So where are all those sub-100 pounds pairs of ramps?

Can anyone help me get a load off my mind and onto the trailer? (Worth
reading the post for that clever closing, eh?)

Thanks and regards.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mindwipe

"Spamfree!" wrote in message
Not off-topic, I hope, but definitely off-garden!

I've just bought a trailer to transport my ride-on mower for repair.

Now I need a pair of arched loading ramps. There are lots in USA for a
little over 100 dollars; the only ones I can find in UK (Northern
Equipment
Co) are 130-ish pounds.

They're rarely seen on eBay.

So where are all those sub-100 pounds pairs of ramps?

Can anyone help me get a load off my mind and onto the trailer? (Worth
reading the post for that clever closing, eh?)

Thanks and regards.

for a one off load why not just a couple of pieces of timber and some blocks
under one end

Posted to uk.d-i-y
david lang

Spamfree! wrote:

Now I need a pair of arched loading ramps. There are lots in USA for a
little over 100 dollars; the only ones I can find in UK (Northern
Equipment Co) are 130-ish pounds.

Aluminium 'U' section is available roughly 4" x 2" from aluminium stock
holders, use 2 pieces about 6' long.

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Holly, in France

Spamfree! wrote:
Not off-topic, I hope, but definitely off-garden!

I've just bought a trailer to transport my ride-on mower for repair.

Now I need a pair of arched loading ramps. There are lots in USA for a
little over 100 dollars; the only ones I can find in UK (Northern
Equipment Co) are 130-ish pounds.

They're rarely seen on eBay.

So where are all those sub-100 pounds pairs of ramps?

Can anyone help me get a load off my mind and onto the trailer? (Worth
reading the post for that clever closing, eh?)

I've never seen the ramps you are looking for. I just use a couple of
oak boards.

--
Holly, in France
Holiday Home in Dordogne

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Spamfree! wrote:
Not off-topic, I hope, but definitely off-garden!

I've just bought a trailer to transport my ride-on mower for repair.

Now I need a pair of arched loading ramps. There are lots in USA for a
little over 100 dollars; the only ones I can find in UK (Northern Equipment
Co) are 130-ish pounds.

They're rarely seen on eBay.

So where are all those sub-100 pounds pairs of ramps?

Can anyone help me get a load off my mind and onto the trailer? (Worth
reading the post for that clever closing, eh?)

Thanks and regards.

Watch "I'm a celebrity..." tonight. I think the challenge is called
"Highway to Hell". If they can do it, so can you.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 20:47:46 -0000, "Spamfree!"
wrote:

Not off-topic, I hope, but definitely off-garden!

I've just bought a trailer to transport my ride-on mower for repair.

Now I need a pair of arched loading ramps. There are lots in USA for a
little over 100 dollars; the only ones I can find in UK (Northern Equipment
Co) are 130-ish pounds.

They're rarely seen on eBay.

So where are all those sub-100 pounds pairs of ramps?

Can anyone help me get a load off my mind and onto the trailer? (Worth
reading the post for that clever closing, eh?)

Thanks and regards.

Some good chunky wood will do it. You may also need to support the end
of the trailer as you drive on.

Alternativly the local steel stockhoder may be able to do you a deal,
if they are in a good mood.

My local repair guys come an collect :-)

Rick

Craftsman Lawn Mower Problems dejablues Home Repair 1 July 8th 05 01:56 AM
Lawmower fire m Ransley Home Repair 4 April 27th 05 04:09 AM
RIde on mower dumper trailer? r.p.mcmurphy UK diy 5 March 14th 05 09:35 PM