Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
NickD

Default Clearing a pump

Hi all,

I've been scanning through this group looking for some help, but all to
no avail, so here goes....

In my flat there is a small bathroom with shower and toilet outflows
connected to a Saniflo. Let's not get into the whys and wherefores;
suffice it to say that I know just how cr@p they are... Anyway, there
is clearly a blockage - the toilet is now backed up, and turning on the
pump (at the fuse) sets it going non-stop, whilst not actually removing
anything.

After doing some research (OK, reading some posts) I bought some
caustic soda, mixed up half a pot and put it down in two batches. So
far, so uneventful.

So what now? I'm reluctant to take it out partly because a) the filth
and b) there'd have to be something to replace it... I'm also not keen
on putting sulphuric acid down there, which seems to be next choice, as
there's concentrated sodium hydroxide down there- the reaction could
be messy.
Help!

Thanks
Nick