Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin

Default Mains Cable

Anyone know where I can buy 1.5mm2 red/black twin & earth mains cable. The
reason is I have a small amount of wiring to finish off in my house (all
major stuff done pre Jan 2005) and don't really want the hassle of labelling
the box and junctions with colour warnings.

TIA
Martin.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred

In article , Martin
writes
Anyone know where I can buy 1.5mm2 red/black twin & earth mains cable. The
reason is I have a small amount of wiring to finish off in my house (all
major stuff done pre Jan 2005) and don't really want the hassle of labelling
the box and junctions with colour warnings.

I picked up some at B&Q not so long ago, it was on clearance so it won't
be around for long.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Conway

TheScullster wrote:
"Martin" wrote:

Anyone know where I can buy 1.5mm2 red/black twin & earth mains cable.

If we are talking power rather than lighting, suggest that 2.5 is more
appropriate!
Not sure on your application/fusing etc. though

Phil

I suspect that as the OP has apparently done some "major wiring" last
year, and that he hasn't specifically asked for advice on cable rating,
that he probably knows what he wants.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 09:49:19 -0000, "Martin"
wrote:

Anyone know where I can buy 1.5mm2 red/black twin & earth mains cable. The
reason is I have a small amount of wiring to finish off in my house (all
major stuff done pre Jan 2005) and don't really want the hassle of labelling
the box and junctions with colour warnings.

TIA
Martin.

If you are in N Wales, I'll swap you a part roll for a roll of the new
colours.

Rick

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine

wrote:

Anyone know where I can buy 1.5mm2 red/black twin & earth mains cable. The
reason is I have a small amount of wiring to finish off in my house (all
major stuff done pre Jan 2005) and don't really want the hassle of labelling
the box and junctions with colour warnings.

I was in Homebase the other day, and all their cable seems to be in
the "old" colours.

YMMV -

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Wade

Martin wrote:

Anyone know where I can buy 1.5mm2 red/black twin & earth mains
cable. [...] and don't really want the hassle of labelling the box
and junctions with colour warnings.

You don't need to label junctions unless it's a 3-phase installation.
For single-phase you only need a simple label on the consumer unit.

--
Andy

Jointing mains cable with crimps Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics) UK diy 71 June 24th 05 06:14 PM
Mains cable behind wall antgel UK diy 7 May 22nd 05 08:03 PM
Garden cabling / electricity - part two! Dundonald UK diy 1 March 26th 05 12:52 AM
Further Earth Bonding questions [email protected] UK diy 34 September 15th 04 08:49 AM
Drilling through mains cable! N UK diy 27 January 14th 04 01:37 AM