Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plastic wall sheet for shower

I am having a new shower put in andrather than tile the internal walls
I wondered if its possible to get plastic sheet panels to stick to the
wall to provide a waterproof covering and if so who might supply them.
Thanks for any help

Steve

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I am having a new shower put in andrather than tile the internal walls
I wondered if its possible to get plastic sheet panels to stick to the
wall to provide a waterproof covering and if so who might supply them.
Thanks for any help

I think B&Q do these but they do look a bit cheap - I would only use
these myself for rental accommodation really.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Calvin

Plastic panels are available but I've not seen a nice one yet.
Take a look at Mermaid panels. They are 10mm thick faced plywood
designed for shower walls. Eye wateringly expensive but really nice.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick

I have done 2 shower rooms in my place this way ... I used RESPATEX ...
it is not cheap, comes out about same price as good
tiles+adhesive+grout.

It is wasteful (or was for me) as you end up looking for pieces of the
t&g joint ...and you always seem to have all of one type and none of
the other.
Respatex is a very high quality ply (much more plys than normal) with a
laminate film on show face and a phenolic balancing flim on reverse.

It is very strong ... using offcuts as shelves in the garage !

You can find Respatex on line.

If you want a much cheaper solution you can buy an all plastic sheet in
B&Q ... but it has no strength, can make attachment of fixings a
problem ... and does not look anywhere near as good - but your choice.

or do a search on Google for "waterproof bathroom panels" it returns
14,200 hits.

plastic tile sheet Tim Mitchell UK diy 0 March 7th 05 03:07 PM
video on plastering TXXT123 UK diy 9 September 2nd 04 11:21 PM
Fixing a wall plate on a dense concrete block wall Jas Virdee UK diy 5 July 28th 04 09:00 AM
"Damp" internal wall - initial measurements made. Any ideas? Clive Long,UK UK diy 5 January 30th 04 09:28 AM
bending sheet metal into a cylinder cdg Metalworking 6 September 10th 03 10:06 AM