Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP

Default Woodchip paper?

Anyone seen large rolls of this about in the course of their travels?

Cheers
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Séan Connolly

Anyone seen large rolls of this about in the course of their travels?

Are you trying to track down the last remaining few so you can burn them ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul Andrews

"EricP" wrote in message
Anyone seen large rolls of this about in the course of their travels?

Just coat the wall with PVA and spray cornflakes over it. Then you can paper
over with a plain paper. Easy.

;-)

Cheers

You're welcome.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Woody

EricP wrote:
Anyone seen large rolls of this about in the course of their travels?

Cheers

Toilet rolls are cheaper mate.
http://www.decoratingdirect.co.uk/Li...orations/Wood_
Chip_and_Lining_Papers/

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

EricP wrote:
Anyone seen large rolls of this about in the course of their travels?

Wickes, ISTR - however, it's not best quality - take care
not to stretch it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
sPoNiX

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 08:36:43 -0000, "Séan Connolly"
mrcATseanDASHconnollyDOTcoDOTuk wrote:

Anyone seen large rolls of this about in the course of their travels?

Are you trying to track down the last remaining few so you can burn them ?

I dunno why people have a problem with woodchip. Whist I admit it's
not the most stylish wallcovering it certainly improves lumpy walls.
The same is true of artex.

I'm sure that textured walls/ceilings will come back into fashion
soon, just as carpets are starting to do.

sponix
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

I dunno why people have a problem with woodchip. Whist I admit it's
not the most stylish wallcovering it certainly improves lumpy walls.
The same is true of artex.

No. A thousand times no. I'd rather have chunks of plaster falling off than
either woodchip or artex.

I'm sure that textured walls/ceilings will come back into fashion
soon, just as carpets are starting to do.

Then I'll emmigrate.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Cartmell

In article ,
sPoNiX wrote:
I dunno why people have a problem with woodchip. Whist I admit it's
not the most stylish wallcovering it certainly improves lumpy walls.
The same is true of artex.

I'm sure that textured walls/ceilings will come back into fashion
soon, just as carpets are starting to do.

I have no problem with textured wallpaper - though I think the patterns
available 10-20 years ago* (Graham & Brown) were far better than the current
range. But please don't mention wood chip in the same breath!

*I know. Old age. But the present range seems to be so old-fashioned! ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 08:36:43 -0000, "Séan Connolly"
mrcATseanDASHconnollyDOTcoDOTuk wrote:

Anyone seen large rolls of this about in the course of their travels?

Are you trying to track down the last remaining few so you can burn them ?

I am ashamed to say I want to put it on walls.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 09:49:50 +0000, Chris Bacon
wrote:

EricP wrote:
Anyone seen large rolls of this about in the course of their travels?

Wickes, ISTR - however, it's not best quality - take care
not to stretch it.

Yes, their stuff is like one chip per per square inch, but any port in
a storm )

Cheers.

And to the rest of you:

TTHHHHHHRRRRRRPPPPPPP!!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

EricP wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
EricP wrote:
Anyone seen large rolls of this about in the course of their travels?

Wickes, ISTR - however, it's not best quality - take care
not to stretch it.

Yes, their stuff is like one chip per per square inch, but any port in
a storm )

Not sure why you want "large" (long?) rolls. "Touch" made a very good
wood chip ("ingrain") paper. It's much nicer on walls than textured
paint, for instance, or that damn stuff with sand in it....
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Chris Bacon wrote:
EricP wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
EricP wrote:
Anyone seen large rolls of this about in the course of their
travels?

Wickes, ISTR - however, it's not best quality - take care
not to stretch it.

Yes, their stuff is like one chip per per square inch, but any port
in a storm )

Not sure why you want "large" (long?) rolls. "Touch" made a very good
wood chip ("ingrain") paper. It's much nicer on walls than textured
paint, for instance, or that damn stuff with sand in it....

Didn't Christie use woodchip when he was decorating? ;-)
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Séan Connolly

I am ashamed to say I want to put it on walls.

LOL! Sorry

Woodchip though, ewe!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

I dunno why people have a problem with woodchip. Whist I admit it's
not the most stylish wallcovering it certainly improves lumpy walls.

It does not "improve" lumpy walls. It conceals the lumps.

It does no such thing. It introduces new lumps. Thousands of the b&stards.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
sPoNiX

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:36:07 -0000, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

I dunno why people have a problem with woodchip. Whist I admit it's
not the most stylish wallcovering it certainly improves lumpy walls.
The same is true of artex.

No. A thousand times no. I'd rather have chunks of plaster falling off than
either woodchip or artex.

Yeah, but why? Is it purely a fashion thing? If so, do you wear
hoodies and drive a smart car?

sponix

Posted to uk.d-i-y
sPoNiX

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 14:53:54 +0000, Owain
wrote:

sPoNiX wrote:
I dunno why people have a problem with woodchip. Whist I admit it's
not the most stylish wallcovering it certainly improves lumpy walls.

It does not "improve" lumpy walls. It conceals the lumps.

It improves the appearance was wot I meant.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
sPoNiX

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 15:38:56 -0000, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

I dunno why people have a problem with woodchip. Whist I admit it's
not the most stylish wallcovering it certainly improves lumpy walls.

It does not "improve" lumpy walls. It conceals the lumps.

It does no such thing. It introduces new lumps. Thousands of the b&stards.

Christian.

See that house decorated in woodchip? That's your dream house, that
is!

sponix
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

Yeah, but why? Is it purely a fashion thing?

No. Woodchip was invented because people couldn't afford plaster. It wasn't
a lifestyle choice.

I would no more apply woodchip paper than I would sew patches to my
trousers.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 12:40:23 GMT, "The3rd Earl Of Derby"
wrote:

Chris Bacon wrote:
EricP wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
EricP wrote:
Anyone seen large rolls of this about in the course of their
travels?

Wickes, ISTR - however, it's not best quality - take care
not to stretch it.

Yes, their stuff is like one chip per per square inch, but any port
in a storm )

Not sure why you want "large" (long?) rolls. "Touch" made a very good
wood chip ("ingrain") paper. It's much nicer on walls than textured
paint, for instance, or that damn stuff with sand in it....

Didn't Christie use woodchip when he was decorating? ;-)

You Swine!!!

You worked it out!

/me goes to pack and flee.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Christian McArdle wrote:
Yeah, but why? Is it purely a fashion thing?

No. Woodchip was invented because people couldn't afford plaster.

No, it was not. The proper name is "ingrain" paper.

It wasn't a lifestyle choice.

Yes, it was, very much so.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Taylor

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
Yeah, but why? Is it purely a fashion thing?

No. Woodchip was invented because people couldn't afford plaster. It
wasn't
a lifestyle choice.

I would no more apply woodchip paper than I would sew patches to my
trousers.

Christian.

LOL! I agree - woodchip is another of the "we have a by-product, what can
we do with it?" materials, like woodwool slabs, Stramit, Synthaprufe and
various gunges etc etc. Most of them end up being banned (asbestos cement
was another one). I wouldn't be surprised if someone discovers that glass
fibre quilt is hazardous a few years on. I once saw a massive attack of
true Dry Rot that was feeding off damp woodchip paper.

Peter

PSA Sand Paper Leon Woodworking 18 May 29th 05 03:48 PM
Scrunched Paper on Canon PC-20 Copier frank1492 Home Repair 1 February 14th 05 09:43 PM
OT - "Static Cling" in printer paper? Jeff Wisnia Metalworking 4 January 10th 05 08:24 PM
Lining Paper - no joins visible - stays put. Eric Cartman UK diy 7 June 22nd 04 12:37 AM
Run on toilet paper predicted Stormin Mormon Home Repair 12 October 30th 03 07:48 PM