Default Anyone happy with their laminate floor?

Had some laminate flooring fitted last week, and it was a nightmare.

The fitter hadn't a clue what he was doing and the result is
disappointing.

The company has sorted out the major problems, but i'm still left with
a floor which deflects quite a lot when my 13 stone bulk presses on it,
and squeeks in a couple of places.

Is this just the way that laminate is, or is it possible to get it
better than that with proper sub floor prep?

mike. buckley

In message , Grunff
writes
wrote:
Had some laminate flooring fitted last week, and it was a nightmare.
The fitter hadn't a clue what he was doing and the result is
disappointing.
The company has sorted out the major problems, but i'm still left
with
a floor which deflects quite a lot when my 13 stone bulk presses on it,
and squeeks in a couple of places.
Is this just the way that laminate is, or is it possible to get it
better than that with proper sub floor prep?

I've laid laminate floor in 2 rooms, once in our old house and once in
our current house. We've been happy with the results on both occasions.
No squeeks, and no deflection. Preparing the subfloor is very important.

I've done at least two rooms and been very happy with the results. One
was on a concrete floor and another on floorboards, decent insulation
for both and it was fine.

--
Mike Buckley
RD350LC2
Bob Watkinson

wrote in message
oups.com...
Had some laminate flooring fitted last week, and it was a nightmare.

The fitter hadn't a clue what he was doing and the result is
disappointing.

The company has sorted out the major problems, but i'm still left with
a floor which deflects quite a lot when my 13 stone bulk presses on it,
and squeeks in a couple of places.

Is this just the way that laminate is, or is it possible to get it
better than that with proper sub floor prep?

Done the bathroom and hall in Aqualoc water repellent stuff. Looks great and
no problems at all. It locks together without gluing

Rick

Prep is everything .... I have laid 5 laminate floors upstairs and 4
wood floors downstairs, all with Underfloor heating ... and none of
these squeak or creak.
If they ehave used correct underlay ... I use a 2mm closed cell PU on
1st floor, and a Combifloor - 3mm closed cell & polyuretane barrier on
ground floor.

As well as being necessary for a proper job, they absorb a lot of sound
impact noise, there is deflection, but that is minor, and certainly no
creaks.

Rick