David P

Default Cold Radiator!

Recently bought a flash radiator
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/produc...ODID=8 020135
and the associated thermostatic valve.

Fitted it, filled it, tested it. No heat.

Called the manufacturer, advised to drain and fill very, very
slowly...once done, get the pump on full with other rads off to push
any air out...

Still cold.....

Valve gets red hot, water comes out of the bleed valves at the top,
feed and return pipes hot...

What next (apart from demanding a site visit?

Jim

sounds like one of the valves is stuck in.Try giving bot of them a
knock. If that fails you'll need to drain down take off and and make
sure they both open.

jim

David P

The valve is a one piece thing takes both pipes...but yes, that would
make sense if somehow only one 'side' opened...

It was a bitch to put on, but I can take it off and look I guess.

David P

Ok, how can I check the thermostatic valve...the pin moves a little,
not much tho...

Is it a case of taking it off and blowing through the holes?!

David P

Done it!

One end of the valve acts like a lockshield, and this had a stopper
that can be adjusted with an allen key, all hidden under a chrome
section.....so why didnt the instructons even mention it?!

Thanks Jim, you pointed me in the right direction/

Cold Radiator Crewood UK diy 0 January 28th 05 04:10 PM
Remove radiator on a combi system Chris S UK diy 8 October 2nd 04 12:53 AM
Towel Radiator with Microbore Charles Middleton UK diy 11 March 9th 04 06:38 PM
Hot Radiator, Cold Room. SpeedyC UK diy 6 March 1st 04 11:05 AM
how do I ensure there is a cold water path to the boilers return BigWallop UK diy 0 July 3rd 03 01:59 PM