new.ntlworld.com

Default Drain cover / tidy

I am looking for a plastic drain cover/tidy to place over the raised
concrete trough where the kitchen sink etc drain into the sewage system to
keep out leaves etc.. The only item I can find round the "sheds" is a
piddling 12 inch square effort by Marley which is too small. Does anyone
know where I could obtain something bigger?

Set Square

new.ntlworld.com wrote:

I am looking for a plastic drain cover/tidy to place over the raised
concrete trough where the kitchen sink etc drain into the sewage
system to keep out leaves etc.. The only item I can find round the
"sheds" is a piddling 12 inch square effort by Marley which is too
small. Does anyone know where I could obtain something bigger?

Does it have to look pretty? If not, a sheet of lead with cutouts for the
pipe(s) should do the trick. Incidentally, how big *is* this 'trough'? Most
concrete gully surrounds I have seen are less than 12" square!
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Lobster

new.ntlworld.com wrote:
I am looking for a plastic drain cover/tidy to place over the raised
concrete trough where the kitchen sink etc drain into the sewage system to
keep out leaves etc.. The only item I can find round the "sheds" is a
piddling 12 inch square effort by Marley which is too small. Does anyone
know where I could obtain something bigger?

Use a small concrete paving slab, with a notch cut out for the
drainpipe, instead? If the trough is that big, a slab will be much
better than a plastic affair.

David

I made a drain cover from strips of aluminium angle. As it's viewed
from one direction, it looks like it's made of square ali. It's spaced
by lengths of ali round tube with threaded rod passed through.

By making it from strips of angle, it's really easy to have short
sections to create gaps for the three waste pipes that go into my gully.