The3rd Earl Of Derby

Chris Bacon wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Router Tables are still available at my local Aldi. ;-)

Oh, bum. Now you're really rubbing it in. Where, approx.?

Merseyside. :-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Chris Bacon

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Router Tables are still available at my local Aldi. ;-)

Oh, bum. Now you're really rubbing it in. Where, approx.?

Merseyside. :-)

gloom
Richard Conway

Chris Bacon wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Chris Bacon wrote:

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Router Tables are still available at my local Aldi. ;-)

Oh, bum. Now you're really rubbing it in. Where, approx.?

Merseyside. :-)

gloom

That about sums it up, yes
Chris Bacon

Richard Conway wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote
Chris Bacon wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Router Tables are still available at my local Aldi. ;-)
Oh, bum. Now you're really rubbing it in. Where, approx.?

Merseyside. :-)

gloom

That about sums it up, yes

Not *quite* what I meant!
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Richard Conway wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Chris Bacon wrote:

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Router Tables are still available at my local Aldi. ;-)

Oh, bum. Now you're really rubbing it in. Where, approx.?

Merseyside. :-)

gloom

That about sums it up, yes

Funny you should say that there's always ample products in stock in
Aldi...Wonder why? ;-)
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

EricP

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 12:42:08 +0100, Chris Bacon
wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:
"dennis@home"wrote:
No you misunderstand.
There are no more than £2 of components in an SDS drill even if it is
branded Makita or DeWalt.

I don't misunderstand at all. Have you looked inside each type of
product and compared? There is a huge difference.

What, have you taken each product apart and compared them? I bet you
have not!

You don't know dennis@ very well!

He's probably had a micrometer on them and destruction tests
completed.

Chris Bacon

EricP wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
Andy Hall wrote:
"dennis" wrote:

No you misunderstand.
There are no more than £2 of components in an SDS drill even if it is
branded Makita or DeWalt.

I don't misunderstand at all. Have you looked inside each type of
product and compared? There is a huge difference.

What, have you taken each product apart and compared them? I bet you
have not!

You don't know dennis@ very well!

He's probably had a micrometer on them and destruction tests
completed.

I didn't mean dennis@! AH said "Have you looked inside each type of
product and compared? There is a huge difference". Bearling in mind
AH hasn't touched a cheapie, I think it highly unlikely!
Andy Hall

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 09:21:01 GMT, "dennis@home"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .

I don't misunderstand at all. Have you looked inside each type of
product and compared?

Some of them in the past.
Not the Aldi one.

There is a huge difference.

Yes the quality ones use designs that are *cheaper* to make.
E.g. tooled for robotic assembly.

There is also the issue of development

No.. that is why they can assemble them using machines.

Probably. However, take a look at the quality of the mechanical parts
such as bearings and gears and there is an enormous difference.

and support which does not come
for nothing.

This about the only thing that costs more.
Does it cost 20 times more?

No it doesn't and neither is the price point.

How many people are going to use it?

Anybody who appreciates using quality tools.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Andy Hall

wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:
"dennis@home"wrote:
No you misunderstand.
There are no more than £2 of components in an SDS drill even if it is
branded Makita or DeWalt.

I don't misunderstand at all. Have you looked inside each type of
product and compared? There is a huge difference.

What, have you taken each product apart and compared them? I bet you
have not!

I have taken apart products at each end of the market and the
difference is dramatic and obvious.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Andy Hall

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 13:43:17 +0100, Chris Bacon
wrote:

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Router Tables are still available at my local Aldi. ;-)
Oh, bum. Now you're really rubbing it in. Where, approx.?

Merseyside. :-)

gloom

Yes, I've always seen Merseyside in that way.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Chris Bacon

Andy Hall wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote
Andy Hall wrote:
"dennis"wrote:
No you misunderstand.
There are no more than £2 of components in an SDS drill even if it is
branded Makita or DeWalt.

I don't misunderstand at all. Have you looked inside each type of
product and compared? There is a huge difference.

What, have you taken each product apart and compared them? I bet you
have not!

I have taken apart products at each end of the market and the
difference is dramatic and obvious.

When? What? How do you explain that my £25 SDS is still going strong
after a great deal of use, as are the bits, as you "dread to think"
what a £25 drill is like?
Andy Hall

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 16:08:01 +0100, Chris Bacon
wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote
Andy Hall wrote:
"dennis"wrote:
No you misunderstand.
There are no more than £2 of components in an SDS drill even if it is
branded Makita or DeWalt.

I don't misunderstand at all. Have you looked inside each type of
product and compared? There is a huge difference.

What, have you taken each product apart and compared them? I bet you
have not!

I have taken apart products at each end of the market and the
difference is dramatic and obvious.

When? What? How do you explain that my £25 SDS is still going strong
after a great deal of use, as are the bits, as you "dread to think"
what a £25 drill is like?

I've tried out various of these from time to time, but found them
disappointing in terms of weight, vibration etc. in comparison with
the Bosch I've had for some time.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Matt

"dennis@home" masquerading as Dr
Dribble wrote:

"Matt" wrote in message
.. .
"dennis@home" wrote:

No you misunderstand.
There are no more than £2 of components in an SDS drill even if it is
branded Makita or DeWalt.

Dribble, by that wildly inaccurate comment it can be safely assumed
you have never been involved in any manufacturing industry.

The fact that you have no idea how much components costs prove you don't.

That is another wild and utterly incorrect assumption Dribble.

How do you think they make a profit on £20 SDS drills?

Simple, they make them for less than £20.

Do you think the price you pay in a shop has any bearing on the
manufacturing costs?

Ooh thats a really difficult one.

dennis@home

"Matt" wrote in message

I think you need to go and have a think for a change.

Drills are low tech and have few components.

They are cheap to make whatever you say.

Bob Martin

in 455163 20051007 134317 Chris Bacon wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Router Tables are still available at my local Aldi. ;-)
Oh, bum. Now you're really rubbing it in. Where, approx.?

Merseyside. :-)

gloom

I was in Aldi in Fareham this morning. They had plenty of routers, tables,
bits etc and no-one seemed remotely interested in them.

Bob Martin

Doctor Drivel

"Chris Bacon" wrote in message
Andy Hall wrote:
"dennis@home"wrote:
No you misunderstand.
There are no more than £2 of components in an SDS drill even if it is
branded Makita or DeWalt.

I don't misunderstand at all. Have you looked inside each type of
product and compared? There is a huge difference.

What, have you taken each product apart and compared them? I bet you
have not!

Matt tend to tell the odd porkie - especially when he is being thrashed.

Doctor Drivel

wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:
"dennis@home"wrote:
No you misunderstand.
There are no more than £2 of components in an SDS drill even if it is
branded Makita or DeWalt.

I don't misunderstand at all. Have you looked inside each type of
product and compared? There is a huge difference.

What, have you taken each product apart and compared them? I bet you
have not!

I have taken apart products at each end of the market and the
difference is dramatic and obvious.

Have you taken apart this Aldi Makita lookalike?

Doctor Drivel

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 16:08:01 +0100, Chris Bacon
wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote
Andy Hall wrote:
"dennis"wrote:
No you misunderstand.
There are no more than £2 of components in an SDS drill even if it is
branded Makita or DeWalt.

I don't misunderstand at all. Have you looked inside each type of
product and compared? There is a huge difference.

What, have you taken each product apart and compared them? I bet you
have not!

I have taken apart products at each end of the market and the
difference is dramatic and obvious.

When? What? How do you explain that my £25 SDS is still going strong
after a great deal of use, as are the bits, as you "dread to think"
what a £25 drill is like?

I've tried out various of these from time to time, but found them
disappointing in terms of weight, vibration etc. in comparison with
the Bosch I've had for some time.

Did you try his and the Aldi Makita lookalike, with 900W not 650.

Doctor Drivel

"Matt" wrote in message
"dennis@home" wrote:

No you misunderstand.
There are no more than £2 of components in an SDS drill even if it is
branded Makita or DeWalt.

Dribble, by that wildly inaccurate comment it can be safely assumed
you have never been involved in any manufacturing industry.

Lod Hall, can you elaborate.

Doctor Drivel

"Matt" wrote in message
"dennis@home" masquerading as Dr
Dribble wrote:

"Matt" wrote in message
.. .
"dennis@home" wrote:

No you misunderstand.
There are no more than £2 of components in an SDS drill even if it is
branded Makita or DeWalt.

Dribble, by that wildly inaccurate comment it can be safely assumed
you have never been involved in any manufacturing industry.

The fact that you have no idea how much components costs prove you don't.

That is another wild and utterly incorrect assumption Dribble.

How do you think they make a profit on £20 SDS drills?

Simple, they make them for less than £20.

Do you think the price you pay in a shop has any bearing on the
manufacturing costs?

Ooh thats a really difficult one.

Lod Hall, there is hope for you.

Doctor Drivel

"dennis@home" wrote in message
.uk...

"Matt" wrote in message

I think you need to go and have a think for a change.

Drills are low tech and have few components.

They are cheap to make whatever you say.

Lord Hall can't figure this out.

Doctor Drivel

"Chris Bacon" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
How much is it to rent a 900w SDS? It is probably worth just
buying this (Aldi) drill, and if it does 2 jobs then you are in
- 3 yr guarantee so no probs.

The one I bought has a sort of barrel type motor pointing
down, rather than being inline with the bit. It's great.
It came with some bits, and a 25mm chisel, and a pointed
breaking chisel, too. You could buy two for fifty quid,
and either keep one in case of breakdown, or use one in
each hand.

I like your logic.

Doctor Drivel

wrote:

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Router Tables are still available at my local Aldi. ;-)
Oh, bum. Now you're really rubbing it in. Where, approx.?

Merseyside. :-)

gloom

Yes, I've always seen Merseyside in that way.

The Earl of Derby (spit) does live in Meseyside.

Doctor Drivel

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
.uk...
Richard Conway wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Chris Bacon wrote:

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Router Tables are still available at my local Aldi. ;-)

Oh, bum. Now you're really rubbing it in. Where, approx.?

Merseyside. :-)

gloom

That about sums it up, yes

Funny you should say that there's always ample products in stock in
Aldi...Wonder why? ;-)

Maybe in Merseyside they are not cheapos.