Junior Member

Default Central Heating Problem

Hi There,

wonder if anybody can help, I am a total novice.

we have a back boiler, fire doesn't work (don't know why landlord said something about the flue, but don't think that can be right as if it was the flue the central heating would not work) am I right in thinking this?

we have 3 rads downstairs and 3 rads upstairs and a towel rail.

There is an overflow pipe that keeps dripping, that seems to stop for a while when we run the ho****er tap, also when the central heating is set to off, and the hot water to on, the rads upstairs all get hot, and if we turn them off the rads come on downstairs, now I know this is not normal, any ideas why

We also have a power shower, and the landlord has put the dripping down to that

any help would be apreciated
tarquinlinbin

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 04:08:09 +0100, asante
wrote:

Hi There,

wonder if anybody can help, I am a total novice.

we have a back boiler, fire doesn't work (don't know why landlord said
something about the flue, but don't think that can be right as if it
was the flue the central heating would not work) am I right in thinking
this?

we have 3 rads downstairs and 3 rads upstairs and a towel rail.

There is an overflow pipe that keeps dripping, that seems to stop for a
while when we run the ho****er tap, also when the central heating is
set to off, and the hot water to on, the rads upstairs all get hot, and
if we turn them off the rads come on downstairs, now I know this is not
normal, any ideas why

We also have a power shower, and the landlord has put the dripping down
to that

any help would be apreciated

The overflow is most likely from the cold water storage tank which
feeds cold water to the hot water cylinder. Its probably the ball
valve that needs some attention. Obviously when you run the hot water
tap,the level in the tank drops and so the overflow stops. Your
radiator problem may be caused by a faulty non return valve in the
feed to the upstairs radiators,sometimes known as an anti gravitay or
dumball valve.

Your landlord has a legal obligation to ensure that all your gas
equipment it checked/serviced annually and should provide a copy of
the landlords inspection certificate.

Be a good Global citizen-CONSUMECONFORMOBEY

Circumcision- A crime and an abuse.
http://www.sexuallymutilatedchild.org/