Default Vaillant Condensing boiler - radiator removal & refill

I want to remove a rad to decorate. I dont know if the boiler will vent
itself when I refill the system or not. Anyone out there know? The
boiler has a filling loop; I assume that I open this up to refill the
system, with the radiator valves open and the bleed screw undone. But
do I need to bleed the boiler as well or will the auto air vent take
care of this.

Ed Sirett

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 12:36:00 -0700, grahamjbaker wrote:

I want to remove a rad to decorate. I dont know if the boiler will vent
itself when I refill the system or not. Anyone out there know? The
boiler has a filling loop; I assume that I open this up to refill the
system, with the radiator valves open and the bleed screw undone. But
do I need to bleed the boiler as well or will the auto air vent take
care of this.

See the sealedCH faq.
However you are best off closing both rad valves then drain the radiator
at one of its couplings to the valves into a deep tray or whatever.

When you refill have someone keep the pressure up with the filling loop as
you slowly open the rad valves.

New condensing boiler installation - truth or lies Martin Evans UK diy 57 July 2nd 05 02:13 PM
Condensing Boiler News RedOnRed UK diy 0 April 9th 05 05:37 PM
Mixing header and pumps John Aston UK diy 79 December 8th 04 09:50 AM
Condensing Boiler problems Mika UK diy 36 March 13th 04 07:32 PM
WARNING TO VAILLANT ECOMAX 6 & 8 SERIES BOILER OWNERS Carl UK diy 5 January 12th 04 01:50 PM