Dave

Default Documentation for double glazing?

We had some doule glazing installed earlier in the year as part of an
extension and I've just realised that we didn't get any documentation.
Should we have had anything? (FENSA certificate, etc?)

Dave
Malcolm Stewart

"Dave" wrote in message
We had some doule glazing installed earlier in the year as part of an
extension and I've just realised that we didn't get any documentation.
Should we have had anything? (FENSA certificate, etc?)

Dave

Aren't the dg panels etched with the relevant BS ?
--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

Fred

"Malcolm Stewart" wrote in
message ...
"Dave" wrote in message
We had some doule glazing installed earlier in the year as part of an
extension and I've just realised that we didn't get any documentation.
Should we have had anything? (FENSA certificate, etc?)

Dave

Aren't the dg panels etched with the relevant BS ?
--

How does that prove that the windows were installed by a FENSA approved
fitter?

Anyone can get the panels with the right BS numbers.

Cicero

"Dave" wrote in message
We had some doule glazing installed earlier in the year as part of an
extension and I've just realised that we didn't get any documentation.
Should we have had anything? (FENSA certificate, etc?)

Dave

===============
Since it was installed as part of an extension it will probably be included
as part of the package of Building Regulation approval for the whole
extension since approval would not have been given to anything which didn't
comply.

Have a look at the specifications for the extension - you'll probably find
the double glazing mentioned somewhere there.

Cic.

Chris Bacon

Malcolm Stewart wrote:
Aren't the dg panels etched with the relevant BS ?

BS is about right. Bloody pen-pushers.

Glazing Bars required for conservatory roof - Where to buy? [email protected] UK diy 5 May 12th 05 10:00 AM
colored glazing putty Rob Woodworking 2 May 1st 05 01:31 AM
Xerox Kurzweil Reader Model 7315 - Documentation [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 January 18th 05 03:01 PM
load bearing double glazing TP UK diy 6 July 4th 04 12:00 PM
Double glazing - a few lessons Clive Long,UK UK diy 7 November 13th 03 09:58 AM