Default downstairs toilet - digging up floor for sewer

I will have to dig up my solid kitchen floor to add a soil pipe for
understairs loo. 1920s end terrace, solid brick walls. I would be
digging within 3 meters of party wall. Party wall act required ?
Any idea what I'll find down there in that type of age house ?
Will I end up in a living nightmare ?
Simon.

We've just moved our soil pipe. Only the council are interested - they need
to inspect the works.

I'm doing an extension at the same time that will involve
drainage/sewer
groundwork, so I would do the loo at the same time. I believe they do
a pressure test of some kind to ensure there are no leaks.
Simon.

Paul Andrews

wrote in message
ups.com...
We've just moved our soil pipe. Only the council are interested - they

need
to inspect the works.

I'm doing an extension at the same time that will involve
drainage/sewer
groundwork, so I would do the loo at the same time. I believe they do
a pressure test of some kind to ensure there are no leaks.
Simon.

Well, the inspector came, looked at how the new drainwork (plastic) was
coupled to the existing drain (clay) and after a brief discussion agreed
that the existing clay pipework wouldn't be likely to pass a pressure test
and said he was satisfied and the hole could be filled in. Bizarrely,
although our new soil stack was already in place, pipes and all, he said he
wanted a pressure test on the above ground pipework by plugging the soil
stack below the inspection chamber with an air bag. I say bizarre because as
far as I'm concerned, any leak there will be immediately noticeable (and
fixable) and a pressure test is going to be interesting because of all the
pipes currently feeding into the stack.

We'll call him back soon to do that.

Paul