Andrew Gabriel

Default White gloss paint for hot pipes

Which is a good choice of gloss white paint for central heating
pipes nowadays? Some years ago, I used both Dulux and Crown.
The Crown all went yellow in a few months on warm pipes.

--
Andrew Gabriel

The3rd Earl Of Derby

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Which is a good choice of gloss white paint for central heating
pipes nowadays? Some years ago, I used both Dulux and Crown.
The Crown all went yellow in a few months on warm pipes.

Car aerosol paint
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

raden

In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
Which is a good choice of gloss white paint for central heating
pipes nowadays? Some years ago, I used both Dulux and Crown.
The Crown all went yellow in a few months on warm pipes.

I got one powder coated as an experiment

12 months later, there are lots of small cracks - so don't try that

--
geoff
Lee

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Which is a good choice of gloss white paint for central heating
pipes nowadays? Some years ago, I used both Dulux and Crown.
The Crown all went yellow in a few months on warm pipes.

White car paint, as someone else suggested.
Not the most practical answer, but it does seem to work.

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.
dennis@home

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
.. .
Which is a good choice of gloss white paint for central heating
pipes nowadays? Some years ago, I used both Dulux and Crown.
The Crown all went yellow in a few months on warm pipes.

Does it have to big gloss?
The Dulux wood paint is very good on radiators and pipes (IIRC its
Satinwood).

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Which is a good choice of gloss white paint for central heating
pipes nowadays?

Box them in.

HTH

Paul.

The3rd Earl Of Derby

Steve Firth wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Car aerosol paint

Mine has an exhaust pipe. Do you use biofuel in yours or something?

Nope! ours comes in a tin with a nozzel and is CFC free.

HTH.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

rrh

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
.. .
Which is a good choice of gloss white paint for central heating
pipes nowadays? Some years ago, I used both Dulux and Crown.
The Crown all went yellow in a few months on warm pipes.

--
Andrew Gabriel

I have found Screwfix white gloss radiator enamel excellent.

John Anderton

On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 21:29:03 +0100, Stuart
wrote:

Would you not be better using radiator paint .I think Hammerite make
some .

Possibly not. I tried proper radiator paint once. I suspect it was due
to the damp but it began to flake and bubble shortly afterwards on a
radiator in the bathroom. (worked OK in the living room though).

I've since used Dulux oil-based paints everywhere with no problems,

Cheers,

John
Ed Sirett

On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 18:31:57 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Which is a good choice of gloss white paint for central heating
pipes nowadays? Some years ago, I used both Dulux and Crown.
The Crown all went yellow in a few months on warm pipes.

I have had no trouble with using acrylic paints although they are not
gloss even the ones that say 'gloss'.
The first coat of acrylic paint on bare copper goes mint green.

Excerpt: Room for Improvement Jane Smith Home Repair 1 October 3rd 05 10:22 AM
Gloss Paint on Copper Pipe [email protected] UK diy 11 March 17th 05 06:59 PM
White Sprit takes off new gloss paint, WHY??? James Salisbury UK diy 9 October 4th 04 10:21 PM
gloss paint in bathrooms NC UK diy 4 August 9th 03 07:23 AM
Gloss paint and age-discolouration Frank Z UK diy 1 August 4th 03 08:22 AM