david lang

Default Screwfix much cheaper than Avenue Supplies

I reckon Screwfix might be much cheaper than Avenue Supplies - does anyone
know?

Bob Eager

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:46:55 UTC, "david lang"
wrote:

I reckon Screwfix might be much cheaper than Avenue Supplies - does anyone
know?

Well, at least Screwfix are well known, which is more than can be said
for Avenue Supplies...

Set Square

david lang wrote:

I reckon Screwfix might be much cheaper than Avenue Supplies - does
anyone know?

Dunno - but at least SF seem to manage to sell their stuff without filching
all our words of wisdom from uk.d-i-y!
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Rob Morley

In article ,
says...
I reckon Screwfix might be much cheaper than Avenue Supplies - does anyone
know?

You mean
http://www.screwfix.com ? I just had a look at Avenue's tools
and mostly they sell Blackspur - has anyone ever had a positive
experience with these horrid nasty cheap crap tools?
Grunff

david lang wrote:
I reckon Screwfix might be much cheaper than Avenue Supplies - does anyone
know?

Yes, they are significantly cheaper. As are http://www.toolstation.com.

What's more, a bloke down the pub told me that his cousin found out that
Avenue Supplies are into devil worship and goat sacrifice.

--
Grunff

:::Jerry::::

"Grunff" wrote in message
snip

What's more, a bloke down the pub told me that his cousin found out

that
Avenue Supplies are into devil worship and goat sacrifice.

Well, that has just increased their sales from a certain sector of
society!...

I bet all this thread, and the other one that started this subject,
is a widening of the belief among the average 'web user' that Usenet
is just full of computer nerds....

raden

In message , david lang
writes
I reckon Screwfix might be much cheaper than Avenue Supplies - does anyone
know?

So are www.cetltd.com

sorry - I thought I'd get that one in before adding a copyright notice

--
geoff

The Screwfix effect Rick UK diy 25 July 29th 05 09:00 AM
Electronics Parts & Supplies DBLEXPOSURE Electronics 0 July 10th 05 10:01 PM
Where can I get cheap 12DC power supplies? Scottiedog Electronics 5 January 29th 05 11:09 AM
roughing gouge disclaimer in Craft supplies new catalog Tony Manella Woodturning 22 October 30th 04 03:07 AM
Power supplies are burning out jbr Electronics Repair 19 January 22nd 04 05:47 AM