Jeff

Default Feeding tv to 7 rooms ?

I have spent some time looking for the answer without success
At the moment we have a digital arial on the chimney with the coax running
down the outside of the house and through the wall into the stb.
I would like to lay cables to provide tv points for 7 rooms and would also
like to build in capacity for sky+ if I decide to go that way in the future.
I know I need ct100 spec coax with 1 run to each room but how many runs do I
need to the living room (can sky and digital come down the same cable ?),
think I need 2 to living room for sky+ ?
Do I go straight from arial to splitter (in loft) and feed all rooms from
there ?
Can someone recommend a loftbox ?

Regards Jeff

Andy Hall

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 12:35:01 +0100, "Jeff"
wrote:

I have spent some time looking for the answer without success
At the moment we have a digital arial on the chimney with the coax running
down the outside of the house and through the wall into the stb.
I would like to lay cables to provide tv points for 7 rooms and would also
like to build in capacity for sky+ if I decide to go that way in the future.
I know I need ct100 spec coax with 1 run to each room but how many runs do I
need to the living room (can sky and digital come down the same cable ?),
think I need 2 to living room for sky+ ?
Do I go straight from arial to splitter (in loft) and feed all rooms from
there ?
Can someone recommend a loftbox ?

Regards Jeff

How about this?

http://www.tvlink.co.uk/loftbox.htm

It's not a professional grade system, but might do what you want.

The assumption is that you locate the satellite receiver in one place
and use UHF distribution from it. There's a mechanism to control the
receiver remotely from an IR handset in any room.

Of course, all of this assumes having just one satellite receiver.

If you want something with the capacity for multiple satellite
receivers then you need a quad LNB on the dish (up to 4 receivers) or
a multiswitch (for a larger number)

I have a product from Spaun which does this job very well.

http://www.teldis.com/CP-smsmulti-switch.htm

This will distribute satellite as well as terrestrial TV and you can
potentially have a separate receiver in each room.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Lurch

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 12:35:01 +0100, "Jeff"
scrawled:

I have spent some time looking for the answer without success
At the moment we have a digital arial on the chimney with the coax running
down the outside of the house and through the wall into the stb.
I would like to lay cables to provide tv points for 7 rooms and would also
like to build in capacity for sky+ if I decide to go that way in the future.
I know I need ct100 spec coax with 1 run to each room but how many runs do I
need to the living room (can sky and digital come down the same cable ?),
think I need 2 to living room for sky+ ?

You want 2 to the living room for the Sky+ and 1 for the DTT. You then
want another back up from there to the loft to feed the Sky back into
the distribution amp. I would split the aerial feed in the loft and
feed the STB and the amp directly then also add another input to the
amp from the Sky return leg.

Do I go straight from arial to splitter (in loft) and feed all rooms from
there ?

Inputs as above, for the output side just a single run from the
Loftbox to each outlet.

Can someone recommend a loftbox ?

Yes, they are recommended. Used a few myself.
--
Stuart @ SJW Electrical

Please Reply to group
Dave Fawthrop

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 12:35:01 +0100, "Jeff" wrote:

| I have spent some time looking for the answer without success
| At the moment we have a digital arial on the chimney with the coax running
| down the outside of the house and through the wall into the stb.
| I would like to lay cables to provide tv points for 7 rooms and would also
| like to build in capacity for sky+ if I decide to go that way in the future.
| I know I need ct100 spec coax with 1 run to each room but how many runs do I
| need to the living room (can sky and digital come down the same cable ?),
| think I need 2 to living room for sky+ ?
| Do I go straight from arial to splitter (in loft) and feed all rooms from
| there ?
| Can someone recommend a loftbox ?

uk.tech.digital-tv is thataway - there are real experts there, especially
Bill.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
The London suicide bombers killed innocent commuters.
John Rumm

Dave Fawthrop wrote:

uk.tech.digital-tv is thataway - there are real experts there, especially
Bill.

His website is well worth a look as well:

http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/

--
Cheers,

John.

Chip

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 14:26:33 +0100,it is alleged that John Rumm
spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

Dave Fawthrop wrote:

uk.tech.digital-tv is thataway - there are real experts there, especially
Bill.

His website is well worth a look as well:

http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/

Seconded, (or thirded). If you have the time, poke around his site a
little, it not only contains useful information but also hours of
entertainment (at least for me).

--
We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very
average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something
The Natural Philosopher

Jeff wrote:

I have spent some time looking for the answer without success
At the moment we have a digital arial on the chimney with the coax running
down the outside of the house and through the wall into the stb.
I would like to lay cables to provide tv points for 7 rooms and would also
like to build in capacity for sky+ if I decide to go that way in the future.
I know I need ct100 spec coax with 1 run to each room but how many runs do I
need to the living room (can sky and digital come down the same cable ?),
think I need 2 to living room for sky+ ?
Do I go straight from arial to splitter (in loft) and feed all rooms from
there ?
Can someone recommend a loftbox ?

Regards Jeff

Can't answer for sky, but I have a labgear 12 way booster that runs 11
cables for VHF radio and UHF TV/freeview to a bunch of sockets (some
double) round teh house, plus a pair of antennae in the loft.

Reception is rock solid, especially on digital.

Jeff

Can't answer for sky, but I have a labgear 12 way booster that runs 11
cables for VHF radio and UHF TV/freeview to a bunch of sockets (some
double) round teh house, plus a pair of antennae in the loft.

Reception is rock solid, especially on digital.

You don't have the model number handy do you ? and a source ?

Regards Jeff

Jeff

"John Rumm" wrote :-

His website is well worth a look as well:

http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/

Thanks for that , good site

Regards Jeff

The Natural Philosopher

Jeff wrote:

Can't answer for sky, but I have a labgear 12 way booster that runs 11
cables for VHF radio and UHF TV/freeview to a bunch of sockets (some
double) round teh house, plus a pair of antennae in the loft.

Reception is rock solid, especially on digital.

You don't have the model number handy do you ? and a source ?

Regards Jeff

http://www.labgear.co.uk/pdf/6.pdf
I think I have the MSA282. 8 normal outputs and a 'full strength' one
that feeds a passive splitter for a couple more via a resitive pad.
I got it all from a little dusty shop at the bottom of Milton Road in
Cambridge, along with a pair of aerials, and enough cables and
connecters and pads, all for about £70.

Which since I had budgeted about 300, made my day...

Of course the antiqued brass socket plates ruined it later...

Lurch

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 14:44:43 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
scrawled:

Of course the antiqued brass socket plates ruined it later...

I've got loads of MK brass co-ax outlets cluttering the shed up, could
have had them for a bargain.
--
Stuart @ SJW Electrical

Please Reply to group

Laminate flooring in doorways/adjacent rooms [email protected] UK diy 4 September 16th 05 09:30 AM
Basement rooms Nicky G UK diy 1 November 1st 04 12:59 PM
Rooms to Go nightmare Chris Moore Home Ownership 6 October 30th 04 05:28 AM
Joining rooms and adding value or not? Kai Chan UK diy 6 February 16th 04 09:06 AM
New home and one room is much warmer than the other rooms. What to do? v Home Ownership 1 September 7th 03 07:16 PM