R.P.McMurphy

Default gaps in t&g faced garage doors

How best to fill them? I Made some garage doors last year and they were
faced with pine t&g floor boards. over summer, gaps of up to 5mm have
appeared which I need to fill and repaint over. I have just tried some
premixed Polly filla and some decorators filler(in a trigger gun) that I
have around, but the pollyfilla goes to hard to quickly and the decorators
filler doesn't give a good finish.

am I best buying and mixing my own filler or is there any better products to
use?

Steve

The Natural Philosopher

R.P.McMurphy wrote:

How best to fill them? I Made some garage doors last year and they were
faced with pine t&g floor boards. over summer, gaps of up to 5mm have
appeared which I need to fill and repaint over. I have just tried some
premixed Polly filla and some decorators filler(in a trigger gun) that I
have around, but the pollyfilla goes to hard to quickly and the decorators
filler doesn't give a good finish.

am I best buying and mixing my own filler or is there any better products to
use?

Steve

Don't bother. By the end of winter they will be closed up again
boatbuilder

How best to fill them? I Made some garage doors last year and they were
faced with pine t&g floor boards. over summer, gaps of up to 5mm have
appeared which I need to fill and repaint over. I have just tried some
premixed Polly filla and some decorators filler(in a trigger gun) that I
have around, but the pollyfilla goes to hard to quickly and the decorators
filler doesn't give a good finish.

am I best buying and mixing my own filler or is there any better products to
use?

Steve

get yourself some polysulfide or polyurethane sealent, these sealents
are regularly used in wooden boat building to caulk the seams between
hull planking, they both bond tenaciously and can be over painted, also
they stay quite flexable and should eaisly handle seasonal changes in
the timber.

thoughts on garage conversions [email protected] UK diy 3 September 20th 05 10:11 AM
garage doors Snydley Home Repair 11 July 23rd 05 08:19 AM
Two questions about security light above the garage door [email protected] Home Repair 4 May 26th 05 12:16 AM
Garage Doors George Eberhardt Home Repair 19 February 22nd 05 08:27 AM
Bee Nest in Garage Leo Shea Home Ownership 13 June 26th 03 12:52 AM