Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
kiich

Default type of shower that you can't have combi boiler?

Hi
Just had a combi (worcester bosch) boiler fitted and all seems to work
great.

Pressure of main bathroom seems good and the shower of the bath (mixer
one) also seems fine.

My question is, in the en-suite, we have hansgrohe croma (3 litre
normal) and i was told by the british gas man who came around to quote
us originally on boiler replacement that we will have to change the
en-suite shower - can't remember why but i do remember him saying that
some types of shower does not work with combi boilers because the mains
pressure coming is now too strong and may start leaking??

The shower has an exposed bit from the wall, where i can control the
water flow on left hand side and temp control on right handside.

questions:

1) what are these shower types called that can't work with combi
boilers?
2) And is my Hansgrohe Croma one of those?

Some background info:

We used to have a shower pump - so our en-suite shower pressure was
pretty good.

After getting the combi, the pressure seems the same to me but then
that's just me saying without any specific test.

No immediate/obvious leaks that i can see from the en-suite shower so
far.

Looked on hansgrohe website and can't seem to find this info.

many thanks