Default If I go for a combi will it need new pipes?

Hi When we moved into our 1930's house last year it had only a big
separate shower in the bathroom which we like but no bath (and no
radiator in the bathroom either!). With 2 kids we need a bath - and
some heating in there! There is a large airing cupboard in bathroom
too, set into what must be an unused chimmey. (There are no fireplaces
left in the property sadly). That houses the water tank (?),the pump
for the shower and the central heating mechanism/timer etc. The boiler
itself is downstairs in the kitchen. The gas central heating boiler is
a British Gas reg serviced conventional one and replaced by last owners
only 4 or 5 years ago. Would we be able to have the contents of the
airing cupboard put in the loft to give room for bath and leave our
current central heating system as it is (and just add a radiator in the
bathroom) - or would we need a combi? And if we had a combi what added
pipe work would we have to have compared to our current system. Help -
this sounds a bigger job than I thought it would be?!