Bob Selley

Default Kitchen Mixer Cylinder Replacement

I've got a kitchen mixer tap that is dripping. The hot and cold go
from off to full on in a quarter turn. Inside the tap are two
cylinders that control the flow. In the past, just cleaning these out
has solved any drips. This is no longer solving the problem.

Does anyone know of a source for these items? No doubt there are
multiple types - how can I ensure I get a compatible fitting?

TIA,

Bob

Set Square

Bob Selley wrote:

I've got a kitchen mixer tap that is dripping. The hot and cold go
from off to full on in a quarter turn. Inside the tap are two
cylinders that control the flow. In the past, just cleaning these out
has solved any drips. This is no longer solving the problem.

Does anyone know of a source for these items? No doubt there are
multiple types - how can I ensure I get a compatible fitting?

TIA,

Bob

I got new innards for my Franke tap from Central Services (UK) Ltd in
Stoke-on-Trent - just over 8 quid each, including postage.

The innards look standard size to me - apart from having a slighly fatter
splined shaft - and will fit taps designed to use conventional (not quarter
turn) mechanisms - so they will probably fit your tap.

If you're only replacing one side, remember that they are handed - so you
need to get the correct one.

Central can be contacted on 01782-342230

HTH.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Lobster

Bob Selley wrote:
I've got a kitchen mixer tap that is dripping. The hot and cold go
from off to full on in a quarter turn. Inside the tap are two
cylinders that control the flow. In the past, just cleaning these out
has solved any drips. This is no longer solving the problem.

I have exactly the same thing.

Does anyone know of a source for these items? No doubt there are
multiple types - how can I ensure I get a compatible fitting?

I hawked mine round all the local plumbers' merchants to no avail.
Unfortunately there's no markings on the tap so I'm stumped - my only
option seems to be to save up for a new tap. Do post back here if you
solve the problem!

David