Eddie

Default Shower mixer problem

We have a "Bristan Pisa" shower mixer which has suddenly decided to
output water at a much higher temperature than usual - uncomfortably so.

The unit was fitted at the time of building the house, and I've never
seen a manual or any documentation for it.

Does anyone know if this unit has some sort of internal adjustment for
the range of output temperatures? I'm wondering if something could have
slipped inside the control knobs which would mess up this setting.

Alternatively, can anyone think of anything else that might have an
effect? My understanding was that this unit is
thermostatically-controlled, so even if the hot water input temperature
increased for some reason (seems unlikely), the output temperature would
remain constant.

--
Eddie
Rusty

"Eddie" wrote in message
We have a "Bristan Pisa" shower mixer which has suddenly decided to output
water at a much higher temperature than usual - uncomfortably so.

The unit was fitted at the time of building the house, and I've never seen
a manual or any documentation for it.

Does anyone know if this unit has some sort of internal adjustment for the
range of output temperatures? I'm wondering if something could have
slipped inside the control knobs which would mess up this setting.

Alternatively, can anyone think of anything else that might have an
effect? My understanding was that this unit is
thermostatically-controlled, so even if the hot water input temperature
increased for some reason (seems unlikely), the output temperature would
remain constant.

Are you in a hard water area. Thermostats are pretty delicate and soon get
jammed up by limescale.

rusty

Eddie

Rusty wrote:

Are you in a hard water area. Thermostats are pretty delicate and soon get
jammed up by limescale.

The water's a little hard, but I don't think it's really bad.

I emailed Bristan with the details of the problem, asking for
suggestions, and they think I need a new thermostatic cartridge, which
they'll post to me free under warranty - I haven't had to provide
receipts, installation details or anything. Three cheers for good
customer service.

--
Eddie

Thermostatic Mixer Shower Plumbing [email protected] UK diy 17 June 8th 05 11:55 AM
Toilet Waste and Shower problem DW UK diy 3 May 11th 05 02:33 PM
Shower Mixer Aiden UK diy 4 September 20th 03 09:35 PM
Electric Shower problem Jase UK diy 1 July 6th 03 12:59 PM
Advice on which shower mixer? Lee Blaver UK diy 7 July 6th 03 12:39 PM