Default Nails on a TV aerial

Hi there,

I've got a bit of a problem with bird poo (and lots of it) underneath
my TV aerial - with a tin roof, it stands out a mile away!

I'm thinking of getting some nail-strips (like those used in a nail
gun) and sticking it around the rods of the aerial .. But I'm wondering
if this will kill my reception!

Has anyone else tried anything like this? Or any other ideas on how to
stop those birds getting too comfortable on my aerial?

Cheers,

Matt

tony sayer

In article , Huge
writes
writes:
Hi there,

I've got a bit of a problem with bird poo (and lots of it) underneath
my TV aerial - with a tin roof, it stands out a mile away!

I'm thinking of getting some nail-strips (like those used in a nail
gun) and sticking it around the rods of the aerial .. But I'm wondering
if this will kill my reception!

Well, it'll destroy the electrical characteristics of the aerial. You can
get the same stuff made from plastic - try that instead.

Has anyone else tried anything like this? Or any other ideas on how to
stop those birds getting too comfortable on my aerial?

Normally I'd suggest putting the aerial inside, but since you've a
tin roof...!

Putting it inside word harm the reception more than...

Get an airgun, the *******s soon know where not to perch:!....
--
Tony Sayer

vortex2

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi there,

I've got a bit of a problem with bird poo (and lots of it) underneath
my TV aerial - with a tin roof, it stands out a mile away!

I'm thinking of getting some nail-strips (like those used in a nail
gun) and sticking it around the rods of the aerial .. But I'm wondering
if this will kill my reception!

Has anyone else tried anything like this? Or any other ideas on how to
stop those birds getting too comfortable on my aerial?

Cheers,

Matt

Taut fishing line, along the length of the earial about 1 inch up.

john

wrote in message ...
On 19 Sep,
"Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)" wrote:

What about one of those fake Owl decoy things sat next to it.
Should keep the birds away from the area in general not just the TV
aerial.
(So I am led to believe)

They only work for so long. once they are covered by bird crap they are no
longer effective.

--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply

The local leccy board put a owl on a pylon - it seems to work. The birds no
longer sit on the earth wire.

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In article .com,
wrote:

Has anyone else tried anything like this? Or any other ideas on how to
stop those birds getting too comfortable on my aerial?

Plastic cable ties with the tails pointing upwards.

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In article , Gary Cavie
wrote:

What about that plastic comby strip stuff used under roof tiles at the
fascia?

I wouldn't. It has the potential to collect water and maybe afect the polar
diagram. Not a problem with analogue, but maybe just enough to tip a
marginal digital signal over the edge.

Another FM aerial question [email protected] UK diy 16 May 13th 05 08:44 PM
TV aerial installed David Cawkwell UK diy 2 November 22nd 03 09:55 PM
New TV aerial choice? David Cawkwell UK diy 24 November 13th 03 11:55 AM
FM Aerial installation Q's PJ UK diy 50 September 23rd 03 08:59 AM
New aerial set up Doctor D. UK diy 4 September 15th 03 12:11 AM