Bitstreams

Default Washer-Dryer steam escaping

My Indesit washer-dryer has just started spewing steam on the drying
cycle. I have cleaned out the waste 'trap' in the front (and made 6p in
to the bargain) but I still have steam escaping from around the
detergent tray when it's drying.

Any ideas?

Simon

Smudger

Bitstreams said the following on 18/09/2005 13:06:
My Indesit washer-dryer has just started spewing steam on the drying
cycle. I have cleaned out the waste 'trap' in the front (and made 6p in
to the bargain) but I still have steam escaping from around the
detergent tray when it's drying.

Any ideas?

Simon

If it's anything like my Zanussi condensing washer dryer, then you need
to pull the unit out, take the covers off and look for a plastic
condensing unit which takes the "wet" air from the top of the drum and
drips cold water through it before returning it at the bottom. The cold
water drip lowers the temperature of the "wet" air, causing some of the
water vapour to condense out. Anyway, the condenser unit will probably
be blocked with fluff and bits of scale, etc. You need to clean it out
as best you can with an unbent wire coat hanger, lots of water and
possibly an air line if you have one. This is a regular annual
maintenance job on my Zanussi.
Bitstreams

Thanks - I will try that and let you know how I get on.

stacked washer dryer, dryer works, washer does not [email protected] Home Repair 4 February 14th 05 09:53 PM
Hotpoint BWD12 washer dryer - dryer comes on by itself. [email protected] UK diy 1 January 24th 05 05:02 PM
Steam Bending Lumber - Any Good Sites Big John Woodworking 2 December 26th 04 06:30 PM
FAQ - Steambending gregg Woodworking 0 December 26th 04 02:06 PM
trenching and other uses of a high pressure washer Jer Home Repair 5 November 18th 04 08:59 PM