Default Taking a feed from an FCU for a thermostat

My combi boiler is connected to an FCU that joins the ring main. All
well and good and proper. Now I have a HC60 relay unit that needs
connecting to the boiler. It is the receiver for the CM67 RF
programmable thermostat.

My question is, can I take a connection from the FCU to the HC60, so
that both the boiler and the relay work from the same FCU. It means
that if the switch is off, neither the boiler nor the relay/thermostat
will operate but that's OK because we wont need one without the other
will we.

Schematically this will look like...

Mains-----------[FCU]--------------Boiler

|----------------HC60 Relay/CM67 Thermostat

Otherwise I'll have to break into the ring and add in an extra FCU
for the relay, which seems to be a bit over the top to me.

Tony Bryer

In article .com,
wrote:
My question is, can I take a connection from the FCU to the HC60, so
that both the boiler and the relay work from the same FCU. It means
that if the switch is off, neither the boiler nor the relay/thermostat
will operate but that's OK because we wont need one without the other
will we.

Schematically this will look like...

Mains-----------[FCU]--------------Boiler

|----------------HC60 Relay/CM67 Thermostat

Otherwise I'll have to break into the ring and add in an extra FCU
for the relay, which seems to be a bit over the top to me.

No, you definitely want everything related to the CH to go through one
switch and fuse or one day someone will have a nasty accident.

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.10 released 4 April 2005]

immersion heater thermostat melt down skilso UK diy 6 July 25th 05 06:34 PM
Water tank thermostat TP UK diy 6 July 6th 05 03:26 PM
To anyone sick of alt.hvac Matt Morgan Home Repair 87 April 8th 05 05:17 PM
Delta planer wont feed Mark Woodworking 6 December 30th 04 06:52 PM
Looking for Programable Digital Thermostat w/ short remote probe Bill Velek Electronics Repair 4 August 9th 04 06:03 PM