Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
T i m

Default Extra earth for cooker?

Hi All,

A mate has just has his (ist floor) flat (that is going to be up for
sale / rent soon) electrically inspected and failed because there was
no (extra) earth wire between the CU and the cooker (or that's how he
put it to me).

He asked me to help him add the 'wire' (earth bond?) pre re-inspection
but I wasn't sure what that would involve.

Also he's reluctant to rip up the (new) floor so was talking about
running it across the ceiling in some plastic trunking etc (no my way
of doing things but ..)

Out of interest (and in case I do get dragged into it) what sort thing
are we looking at please (where would the cable join at the CU end,
what diameter would it be (it sounds like it could be say a 10m run?),
where does it join at the cooker end etc) please?

All the best ..

T i m

electrical interruption Choreboy Home Repair 41 April 17th 05 10:14 PM
2 wire circuit - no earth Stephen Fasham UK diy 5 December 13th 04 02:29 PM
Repairing Lightning Damaged Tv's CJ Electronics Repair 20 June 22nd 04 06:03 AM
Shed Electrics Quigs UK diy 20 January 26th 04 09:56 AM
Earthing Sparks UK diy 17 December 8th 03 10:57 PM