Fash

Default Non-Slip Flooring for "Magic Loo"

I have a very strange shower room/toilet on my attic floor (refered to
by my children as the "Magic Loo". The reason it's so strange is that
the house is two houses joined together (in 1862) and the magic loo is
made up of a half turn landing, a short flight of stairs (5 I think)
and an upper landing. The WC and basin are on the lower level and the
shower and door are on the upper level. The reason for the non-slip
requirement is therefore to avoid falling down the stairs that are
inside the bathroom when you get out of the shower, or when simply
heading for the loo. Currently it's carpeted which is pretty grim for
fairly obvious reasons. Basic flooring is 18th century pitch-pine
floorboards in reasonable condition.

What I need is something that is non-slip in wet and dry state, but
that also looks classy. I was thinking about wet-room type flooring if
anyone has any advice/counter suggestions. (I'm not planning to make it
a wet-room since I don't like the idea of large amounts of water on an
upstairs floor, but I assume someone though about slipperiness for
these conditions.

Your thoughts welcome

Fash

Ian Stirling

Fash wrote:
I have a very strange shower room/toilet on my attic floor (refered to
by my children as the "Magic Loo". The reason it's so strange is that
the house is two houses joined together (in 1862) and the magic loo is
made up of a half turn landing, a short flight of stairs (5 I think)
and an upper landing. The WC and basin are on the lower level and the
shower and door are on the upper level. The reason for the non-slip
requirement is therefore to avoid falling down the stairs that are

snip
What I need is something that is non-slip in wet and dry state, but
that also looks classy. I was thinking about wet-room type flooring if
anyone has any advice/counter suggestions. (I'm not planning to make it
a wet-room since I don't like the idea of large amounts of water on an
upstairs floor, but I assume someone though about slipperiness for
these conditions.

Your thoughts welcome

I'd suggest you strongly consider the idea of a wet room.

How much more stylish can you get than the water falling in a series
of glittering atractively lit sheets down the risers.

Mosaics are good for wetroom floors. I have some travertine ones that
are reasonably non slip.............

Cheers

Richard