johnnybegood

Default Best way to deal with ants ?

Whats the best way to deal with ants in our garden ?.

We've tried the usual powdered products, but they keep coming back.

TIA

woodglass....

bs

"johnnybegood" wrote in message
k...
Whats the best way to deal with ants in our garden ?.

We've tried the usual powdered products, but they keep coming back.

TIA

woodglass....

Why not tell the wasps that the ants are "moving in ".............
.................................................. .............................................I'll
get my coat !

Barry

johnnybegood

"bs" wrote in message

"johnnybegood" wrote in message
k...
Whats the best way to deal with ants in our garden ?.

We've tried the usual powdered products, but they keep coming back.

TIA

woodglass....

Why not tell the wasps that the ants are "moving in ".............

...................I'll
get my coat !

I don't think that wasps understand English - I've already askd them to
leave ! :-))

woodglass....

Barry

Ian Cornish

johnnybegood wrote:
Whats the best way to deal with ants in our garden ?.

We've tried the usual powdered products, but they keep coming back.

TIA

woodglass....

Find the nest(s), dig it out (preferably whilst the b****rs are not
active), and burn it in a bin.

That said, it's difficult to find the whole nest, dig the whole thing
out, and make sure none of the critters escape burning.

Worked for me the one time I did it, and it was a "small" nest, approx
..5 cu metres
RedOnRed

"johnnybegood" wrote in message
k...
Whats the best way to deal with ants in our garden ?.

We've tried the usual powdered products, but they keep coming back.

TIA

woodglass....

You can't stop them. Well not at least permanently. That's why they've been
on this planet longer then us.

bs

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com

"bs" wrote in message

"johnnybegood" wrote in message
k...
Whats the best way to deal with ants in our garden ?.

We've tried the usual powdered products, but they keep coming back.

TIA

woodglass....

Why not tell the wasps that the ants are "moving in ".............

.................................................. ..........................
..................I'll
get my coat !

I don't think that wasps understand English - I've already askd them to
leave ! :-))

woodglass....

That's your problem .you cant expect all wasps to understand English !!!!!
Sounds to me like they could be a European variety.
Probably illegal immigrants I expect.

Barry

ben

johnnybegood wrote:
Whats the best way to deal with ants in our garden ?.

We've tried the usual powdered products, but they keep coming back.

TIA

woodglass....

You need your Aunts. :-)

reg

"johnnybegood" wrote in message
k...
Whats the best way to deal with ants in our garden ?.

We've tried the usual powdered products, but they keep coming back.

TIA

woodglass....

napalm the garden dig all the grass up then lay green concrete, the put your
feet up with a nice chilled beer to admire the work you've done.

johnnybegood

"reg" wrote in message

"johnnybegood" wrote in message
k...
Whats the best way to deal with ants in our garden ?.

We've tried the usual powdered products, but they keep coming back.

TIA

woodglass....

napalm the garden dig all the grass up then lay green concrete, the put

your
feet up with a nice chilled beer to admire the work you've done.

Have already drank all the beer thinking about what to do !!! :-)

raden

In message ,
johnnybegood writes

Why not tell the wasps that the ants are "moving in ".............

................................................. ...........................
..................I'll
get my coat !

I don't think that wasps understand English - I've already askd them to
leave ! :-))

Don't you know,

everyone understands English if you just shout loud enough

--
geoff
raden

In message , Ian Cornish
"icornish at talk21 dot writes
johnnybegood wrote:
Whats the best way to deal with ants in our garden ?.
We've tried the usual powdered products, but they keep coming back.
TIA
woodglass....

Find the nest(s), dig it out (preferably whilst the b****rs are not
active), and burn it in a bin.

That said, it's difficult to find the whole nest, dig the whole thing
out, and make sure none of the critters escape burning.

Worked for me the one time I did it, and it was a "small" nest, approx
.5 cu metres

Well I got rid of one which had created a dome in the lawn by pouring
half a pint of cellulose thinners down one of the access holes and
setting fire to it

Somehow it worked

--
geoff
Mary Fisher

"raden" wrote in message
In message , johnnybegood
writes

Why not tell the wasps that the ants are "moving in ".............

................................................ ............................
..................I'll
get my coat !

I don't think that wasps understand English - I've already askd them to
leave ! :-))

Don't you know,

everyone understands English if you just shout loud enough

Don't you wave your arms as well?

People do that when they're on their mobiles. In fact some folk are dumb if
they can't use their arms.

Mray

--
geoff

raden

In message , Mary
Fisher writes

Don't you know,

everyone understands English if you just shout loud enough

Don't you wave your arms as well?

People do that when they're on their mobiles. In fact some folk are dumb if
they can't use their arms.

Mray

Mray ?

I remember years ago in candid camera or something, they made some
Italians describe a spiral staircase without moving their hands

.... it was painful to watch

--
geoff

Dave

johnnybegood wrote:

"ben" wrote in message
.uk...

johnnybegood wrote:

Whats the best way to deal with ants in our garden ?.

We've tried the usual powdered products, but they keep coming back.

TIA

woodglass....

You need your Aunts. :-)

My Aunts what ????.

It was plural, not possessive :-)

Dave
Dave

johnnybegood wrote:

Whats the best way to deal with ants in our garden ?.

I have to ask first, why do you want to get rid of them.

My wife is always going on about the number of ants in our back garden.
I look at the problem thus, as they do not bother me, I will not bother
them.

However, if they are crawling all over you, the best thing that I have
found on the market is 'Ant Bait'. Made by Nippon. The only problem with
using it is that it must be kept dry. It comes in a plastic pack with
holes for the ants to enter and take the bait. When they take it back to
the nest, the nest gets killed.

I have successfully used it both at the school I work at and my home.
Put the packs down and about 7 to 10 days later, no more ants.

So you could try using these ant bait packs, if you can keep them
covered from the rain, but accessible to the ants. They last for about 3
months maximum.

HTH

Dave
Mary Fisher

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Mary
Fisher writes

Don't you know,

everyone understands English if you just shout loud enough

Don't you wave your arms as well?

People do that when they're on their mobiles. In fact some folk are dumb
if
they can't use their arms.

Mray

Mray ?

That was for the benefit of those among us who claim to be dyslexic.

I remember years ago in candid camera or something, they made some
Italians describe a spiral staircase without moving their hands

... it was painful to watch

Could you do it?

Mary

Mary Fisher

"Dave" wrote in message
johnnybegood wrote:

Whats the best way to deal with ants in our garden ?.

I have to ask first, why do you want to get rid of them.

It's obvious. It's because he doesn't want to confuse them with apostrophes.

Mary

raden

In message , Mary
Fisher writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Mary
Fisher writes

Don't you know,

everyone understands English if you just shout loud enough

Don't you wave your arms as well?

People do that when they're on their mobiles. In fact some folk are dumb
if
they can't use their arms.

Mray

Mray ?

That was for the benefit of those among us who claim to be dyslexic.

I remember years ago in candid camera or something, they made some
Italians describe a spiral staircase without moving their hands

... it was painful to watch

Could you do it?

Of course, I'm a complete sadist

--
geoff

RedOnRed

"Dave" wrote in message
johnnybegood wrote:

[...]

Hardly a revelation. That product's been around longer then Bovril. I had a
builder round a few months ago that went on for 15 minutes about how great
it was, even though I kept on saying I know and i've used it loads of times
every few seconds.

We've all used it (Nippon) at some time or other haven't we?

Mary Fisher

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Mary Fisher
writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Mary
Fisher writes

Don't you know,

everyone understands English if you just shout loud enough

Don't you wave your arms as well?

People do that when they're on their mobiles. In fact some folk are dumb
if
they can't use their arms.

Mray

Mray ?

That was for the benefit of those among us who claim to be dyslexic.

I remember years ago in candid camera or something, they made some
Italians describe a spiral staircase without moving their hands

... it was painful to watch

Could you do it?

Of course, I'm a complete sadist

Wouldn't cause me pain. Are you a masochist too?

:-)

Mary

--
geoff

RedOnRed

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Mary
Fisher writes

Don't you know,

everyone understands English if you just shout loud enough

Don't you wave your arms as well?

People do that when they're on their mobiles. In fact some folk are dumb
if
they can't use their arms.

Mray

Mray ?

That was for the benefit of those among us who claim to be dyslexic.

I remember years ago in candid camera or something, they made some
Italians describe a spiral staircase without moving their hands

... it was painful to watch

Could you do it?

Mary

Am I sensing a bizarre bit of chemistry bewteen you and Raden?

raden

In message , Mary
Fisher writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Mary Fisher
writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Mary
Fisher writes

Don't you know,

everyone understands English if you just shout loud enough

Don't you wave your arms as well?

People do that when they're on their mobiles. In fact some folk are dumb
if
they can't use their arms.

Mray

Mray ?

That was for the benefit of those among us who claim to be dyslexic.

I remember years ago in candid camera or something, they made some
Italians describe a spiral staircase without moving their hands

... it was painful to watch

Could you do it?

Of course, I'm a complete sadist

Wouldn't cause me pain. Are you a masochist too?

:-)

I must be, I answer your posts

--
geoff
Mary Fisher

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Mary Fisher
writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Mary
Fisher
writes

"raden" wrote in message
[...]

Worse still, you read them.

And an Italian caused you pain.

mry
(testing, testing)

--
geoff

raden

In message , RedOnRed
writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Mary
Fisher writes

Don't you know,

everyone understands English if you just shout loud enough

Don't you wave your arms as well?

People do that when they're on their mobiles. In fact some folk are dumb
if
they can't use their arms.

Mray

Mray ?

That was for the benefit of those among us who claim to be dyslexic.

I remember years ago in candid camera or something, they made some
Italians describe a spiral staircase without moving their hands

... it was painful to watch

Could you do it?

Mary

Am I sensing a bizarre bit of chemistry bewteen you and Raden?

What, as in an oxygen/hydrogen mixture when you add a match ?

--
geoff
Mary Fisher

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Mary
Fisher writes

Don't you know,

everyone understands English if you just shout loud enough

Don't you wave your arms as well?

People do that when they're on their mobiles. In fact some folk are dumb
if
they can't use their arms.

Mray

Mray ?

That was for the benefit of those among us who claim to be dyslexic.

I remember years ago in candid camera or something, they made some
Italians describe a spiral staircase without moving their hands

... it was painful to watch

Could you do it?

Mary

Am I sensing a bizarre bit of chemistry bewteen you and Raden?

No. We're just good friends. I don't care what the milkman says.

Been waiting for years to use that one! I think it originated with Jimmy
Edwards.

Such chemistry certainly would be bizarre :-)

Mary

Mary Fisher

"RedOnRed" wrote in message

We've all used it (Nippon) at some time or other haven't we?

Guess what! I haven't :-)

Mind you, we don't get many ants up in the tundra. The last timeI saw some
was when I came across a large nest in woodland, in the Clder Valley I
think. It was fascinating. I took lots of pictures.

Mary

RedOnRed

"raden" wrote in message
[...]

Raden, you can use a few of my emergency chat up lines if you like? How
about...

My love for you is like diaharrea, I just can't hold it in.

You are as beautiful as the venus de milo... except you have arms. (you
hope)

RedOnRed

"RedOnRed" wrote in message

We've all used it (Nippon) at some time or other haven't we?

Guess what! I haven't :-)

Mind you, we don't get many ants up in the tundra. The last timeI saw some
was when I came across a large nest in woodland, in the Clder Valley I
think. It was fascinating. I took lots of pictures.

Mary

Good. Well at least you're aware that ants and Nippon exist then.

Mary Fisher

"RedOnRed" wrote in message

Raden, you can use a few of my emergency chat up lines if you like? How
about...

My love for you is like diaharrea, I just can't hold it in.

Can't spell it either!

Mary Fisher

"RedOnRed" wrote in message

We've all used it (Nippon) at some time or other haven't we?

Guess what! I haven't :-)

Mind you, we don't get many ants up in the tundra. The last timeI saw
some was when I came across a large nest in woodland, in the Clder Valley
I think. It was fascinating. I took lots of pictures.

Mary

Good. Well at least you're aware that ants and Nippon exist then.

I know quite a lot about the former. The only experience I have of the
latter is seeing it promoted on this ng.

Mary

raden

In message , RedOnRed
writes

I remember years ago in candid camera or something, they made some
Italians describe a spiral staircase without moving their hands

... it was painful to watch

Could you do it?

Mary

Am I sensing a bizarre bit of chemistry bewteen you and Raden?

It's just uk.diy banter - without the morons and multiple posts, that is

No. We're just good friends. I don't care what the milkman says.

Been waiting for years to use that one! I think it originated with Jimmy
Edwards.

Such chemistry certainly would be bizarre :-)

Mary

Raden, you can use a few of my emergency chat up lines if you like? How
about...

My love for you is like diaharrea, I just can't hold it in.

You are as beautiful as the venus de milo... except you have arms. (you
hope)

Long distance romances never work

.... and I don't think my wife would be too pleased either

--
geoff
Mary Fisher

"raden" wrote in message

Long distance romances never work

... and I don't think my wife would be too pleased either

Nor would mine.

Mary

--
geoff

raden

In message , Mary
Fisher writes

"raden" wrote in message

Long distance romances never work

... and I don't think my wife would be too pleased either

Nor would mine.

You're ... a lesbian ?

That's why your SOH is always referred to as "Spouse"

I see

--
geoff

woodglass

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Mary
Fisher writes

"raden" wrote in message

Long distance romances never work

... and I don't think my wife would be too pleased either

Nor would mine.

You're ... a lesbian ?

No, she's just been badly bitten or stung by one in the past - poor bitch
!!!

That's why your SOH is always referred to as "Spouse"

I see

--
geoff

Dave

Mary Fisher wrote:

"raden" wrote in message

Long distance romances never work

... and I don't think my wife would be too pleased either

Nor would mine.

I wait with baited breath, the answers :-)

Dave
Dave

Mary Fisher wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message

johnnybegood wrote:

Whats the best way to deal with ants in our garden ?.

I have to ask first, why do you want to get rid of them.

It's obvious. It's because he doesn't want to confuse them with apostrophes.

LOL

They never got that far here :-)

dave
Dave

RedOnRed wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message

johnnybegood wrote:

[...]

Are we both talking about "Ant bait"?

Dave
Mary Fisher

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Mary Fisher
writes

"raden" wrote in message

Long distance romances never work

... and I don't think my wife would be too pleased either

Nor would mine.

You're ... a lesbian ?

No, but I always wanted a wife so that I didn't have to do things I don't
like, such as de-frost a freezerwhich I did yesterday.

There's a lot to be said for polygamy. As long as I could make the rules :-)

That's why your SOH is always referred to as "Spouse"

He's all man.

Mary