Default Repair Flags

Hi,
I have some large flags outside my house - old yorkshire ones I guess.
A triangular piece about 6inch by 6 inch has been broken off one edge
about an inch deep - not all the way through the flag.
I don't want someone to fall but I'm too tight to replace the whole
thing.

I have now tried to "fill" this with cement, cement and sand, patch
repair - and so on.
It just drops out after a few days.

anybody got any ideas.

Thanks A but the flag is nicely bedded and level - it's just got a big
"chip" off the corner. I need something stronger or to be told how to
mix my cement/patch filla bettter. (I'm a bit of a layman here - sorry)
regards,