Andrew Gabriel

Default Glueing fibreglass

What's a good glue for glueing fireglass plastic sheet (and it needs
to be waterproof)?

I need to glue a strip of sand back down a fibreglass valley gutter
for the mortar flaunching to bond to. Some parts of the sand strip
have come away whilst removing the old mortar flaunching.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Rob Morley writes:
In article ,
says...
What's a good glue for glueing fireglass plastic sheet (and it needs
to be waterproof)?

I need to glue a strip of sand back down a fibreglass valley gutter
for the mortar flaunching to bond to. Some parts of the sand strip
have come away whilst removing the old mortar flaunching.

Fibreglass is normally bonded with polyester resin.

Thanks Rob.
Any product/trade names I should look for in the DIY sheds
or Screwfix (which I think is open on Sundays near me)?
It's not something I'm familiar with.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Rob Morley writes:
Screwfix will do the sort you use for bonding fixings to stone, but
that's probably too thick for what you want. Car accessory places
should have fibreglass patching kits, which will come with thin resin,
or they might have the resin and hardener separately.

Cheers. Picked up some David's Fastglass polyester resin
from local car accessory shop.

--
Andrew Gabriel

T i m

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 13:37:30 GMT, T i m wrote:

(5 min Epoxy used
to hold a 1.5hp, 2/, 20,000 rpm engine in my 50 mpg catamaran ok!)..

mph .. doh!

T i m ;-)
Andy Hall

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 13:39:56 GMT, T i m wrote:

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 13:37:30 GMT, T i m wrote:

(5 min Epoxy used
to hold a 1.5hp, 2/, 20,000 rpm engine in my 50 mpg catamaran ok!)..

mph .. doh!

T i m ;-)

It's not err.... electric as well with a magic gearbox is it Tim? ;-)

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
T i m

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 19:57:26 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 13:39:56 GMT, T i m wrote:

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 13:37:30 GMT, T i m wrote:

(5 min Epoxy used
to hold a 1.5hp, 2/, 20,000 rpm engine in my 50 mpg catamaran ok!)..

mph .. doh!

T i m ;-)

It's not err.... electric as well with a magic gearbox is it Tim? ;-)

I did race electric boats but this one was pure IC (no weird hybrids
for me thankyou) ;-)

And it had a CVT .. it was called a propeller ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

OT - looking for fibreglass tape Martin Whybrow Metalworking 3 July 28th 05 03:36 PM
fibreglass garryb59 UK diy 5 May 6th 05 01:02 PM
heating system air filters that remove fibreglass TURTLE Home Repair 4 April 10th 05 04:33 AM
Can I use electrostatic filter to reduce fibreglass ? anita Home Repair 13 April 9th 05 02:29 AM
Shed roof repair, re-tile, fibreglass or felt? Zooologist UK diy 7 November 28th 04 06:48 PM