TURTLE

Default heating system air filters that remove fibreglass

"anita" wrote in message

I am in the process of learning about fibreglass lined metal ducts which
we probably have in our house, and its an old house (early 80s).

So till I figure out what needs to be done and if we can afford it, is
there some kind of air filter we can use with our heating system (not
the portable room filter kind) to get rid of fibreglass particles if
any.

I was looking at electrostatic filters, does this do the job ? Is
there any specific kind/brand one would recommend ?

Thanks
anita

This is Turtle.

Well in any case get a 3M filter from Walmart for about $3.00 and it will stop
any fiberglass that would be in the air.

TURTLE

Noon-Air

"anita" wrote in message

I am in the process of learning about fibreglass lined metal ducts which
we probably have in our house, and its an old house (early 80s).

So till I figure out what needs to be done and if we can afford it, is
there some kind of air filter we can use with our heating system (not
the portable room filter kind) to get rid of fibreglass particles if
any.

I was looking at electrostatic filters, does this do the job ? Is
there any specific kind/brand one would recommend ?

Thanks
anita

25 year old ducts lined with fiberglass?? probably not.
The fiberglass is the least of your worries.

Don't waste you money on electrostatic or "Paul Harvey" filters.
For filters, go here
http://www.glasfloss.com/products/zsacrf.html

Get a pro to do a complete check on your comfort system, you may not have
any worries at all
OTH, there could be other problems that need to be addressed.

Kathy

"TURTLE" wrote in message
. ..
:
:
: Well in any case get a 3M filter from Walmart for about $3.00 and
it will stop
: any fiberglass that would be in the air.
:
Don't go to Walmart

"Kathy" wrote in message

"TURTLE" wrote in message
. ..
:
:
: Well in any case get a 3M filter from Walmart for about $3.00 and
it will stop
: any fiberglass that would be in the air.
:
Don't go to Walmart

Why not?
NOT everything they sell is made in China...