david lang

Default Order of work

Hi All

I'm giving the driveway & front garden a complete make over.

A new path with slabs will divide the garden from the drive. The plan is
then to break up the concrete drive, dig down about 8", use some of the
spoil as hardcore, compact it and lay 1 1/2" of compacted gravel on top.

The other side of the path is the garden, so the grass will be removed,
earth levelled and the area gravelled over a membrane.

So, what's the best way of doing the job to avoid double handling stuff?

I'll also need to hire a breaker and a compactor and rent a skip.

So, do I break up the drive& temporarily store the spoil on the grass while
I dig down & remove the earth to the skip or should I start on the garden
side?

Dave

Michael Mcneil

"david lang" wrote in message
news
Hi All

I'm giving the driveway & front garden a complete make over.

Sounds like that of an Englishman moving into the country snipped

Hi.

Welcome.

What is it about your sort that has to slab over eveything it owns?

david lang

Michael Mcneil wrote:

What is it about your sort that has to slab over eveything it owns?

And what the f*ck has it got to do with you? Arrogant ****.

Dave

david lang

Rob Morley wrote:

Living things make the garden so untidy ...

Too true matey. Bring on the gravel....

Gardens are places to drink beer whilst barbequing food, not places to spend
your time tarting about.

Dave

Rick

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 21:44:52 GMT, "david lang"
wrote:

Hi All

I'm giving the driveway & front garden a complete make over.

A new path with slabs will divide the garden from the drive. The plan is
then to break up the concrete drive, dig down about 8", use some of the
spoil as hardcore, compact it and lay 1 1/2" of compacted gravel on top.

The other side of the path is the garden, so the grass will be removed,
earth levelled and the area gravelled over a membrane.

So, what's the best way of doing the job to avoid double handling stuff?

I'll also need to hire a breaker and a compactor and rent a skip.

So, do I break up the drive& temporarily store the spoil on the grass while
I dig down & remove the earth to the skip or should I start on the garden
side?

Dave

Rent a mini digger, tripple handeling becomes fun

Rick