ben

Default JCB Drill?

anyone got the 800W model and are they any good?

In a local shed they are on offer for £16.99 reduced from £39.99

ben

Andy Champ wrote:
ben wrote:

anyone got the 800W model and are they any good?

In a local shed they are on offer for £16.99 reduced from £39.99

... and if they are, (after you've bought one) tell us which shed. My
Bosch charger just died, I think from a surfeit of sick battery.

Andy

The local rag says £16.99 and thats what I paid. Query it if your going for
one?
http://www.taskersdiy.com/index.cfm?...&sp=20&n=Tools

Michael Mcneil

"ben" wrote in message
. uk

The local rag says £16.99 and thats what I paid. Query it if your going for
one?
http://www.taskersdiy.com/index.cfm?...&sp=20&n=Tools

It is a mains powered one. The reason for the price difference in mains
and battery drills is the quality of the battery and the charger.

Also the on in the link (which would not enlarge) appears to have a
chuck key fob in the wire.

Not that any of the above detracts from the value of the unit. It sounds
an excellent buy.

No use to me though.

You will find such a machine every bit as good as any other for most
jobs excluding drilling through some concretes and stone. Engineering
brick and granite for instance will pose a problem.

If you know you have nothing like that in your house that you may wish
to fit shelves to in the next decade or so; this drill will be a friend
to you.

Andy Champ

Michael Mcneil wrote:

"ben" wrote in message
. uk

The local rag says £16.99 and thats what I paid. Query it if your going for
one?
http://www.taskersdiy.com/index.cfm?...&sp=20&n=Tools

It is a mains powered one. The reason for the price difference in mains
and battery drills is the quality of the battery and the charger.

snip

So it is. Bit of brain fade there, should have realised with "800W"
mentioned. 150 miles from home is a bit of a down side too...

Andy