Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Adrian Brentnall

Default 'Dressing' a house to help it sell.....

HI All
We've all seen the 'my house won't sell' programs on the TV - where
the expert swans in and with a few vases of flowers and a couple of
candles here & there, miraculously converts an un-sellable house into
something that's eagerly snapped up by the first family to view.

OK - so the TV programs are going to be 90% er .... fertiliser ....
g - but here's a question.

Our bungalow seems to be taking longer than we'd like to sell. It's
set up at the moment for 'our' needs - has two double bedrooms (only
one has a bed in it at the moment), one quite small bedroom (currently
used as a 'hobbies' room) and a large 2nd bathroom with jacuzzi and
power shower.

Our agent seems terminally clueless.... so I got to thinking.....

How about....
Ditch the jacuzzi.
Put the fittings from the 2nd bathroom into the smallest bedroom - so
we end up with 2 bathrooms - one with bath and one with power-shower.
Turn the existing large bathroom into a good-sized double bedroom.
'Dress' the new double bedroom and the existing spare bedroom so that
they look like bedrooms, rather than just 'spare' rooms.

Sounds like a lot of work, but I don't think it'd take all that long,
and I can do the work myself.

Net result would be 3 double beds rather than 2 - only thing we'd lose
is the jacuzzi.......

Of course - anybody buying the house could just as easily do this for
themselves - but (if you believe the TV progs) potential purchasers
don't have the necessary imagination to see this...

So - leave everything 'as is' - or put in a bit of d-i-y effort to
make the place more saleable ? your opinions please.....

Thanks in advance
Adrian
Suffolk UK
======return email munged=================
take out the papers and the trash to reply