Mr Fizzion

Default Two pipe or "three pipe" system?

Is a "three pipe" system i.e. a two pipe system with reversed return
useful? Or should I just stick to a two pipe system (a bit easier)?

Is it necessary to balance a system with TRVs anyway?

Mr F.

Set Square

Mr Fizzion wrote:

Is a "three pipe" system i.e. a two pipe system with reversed return
useful? Or should I just stick to a two pipe system (a bit easier)?

Sorry, you've lost me!

Is it necessary to balance a system with TRVs anyway?

Yes! If you want the system to heat up evenly, anyway.

Otherwise, some of the far-flung rads may not get hot until the nearer rooms
have got up to temperature and shut their TRVs.
--
Cheers,
Set Square