david lang

Default Pound Shop Bargains

Grunff wrote;

The quality of this stuff is rarely better than pound shop merchandise -

yet you don't get repeated posts about crap tools you can buy from pound
shops.

Yes you do.

Dave

ben

david lang wrote:
Grunff wrote;

The quality of this stuff is rarely better than pound shop
merchandise -

yet you don't get repeated posts about crap tools you can buy from
pound shops.

Yes you do.

Dave

the only thing I buy from the £ shops is scented candles, 3 for a £1, big
one as well. :-)

mike ring

"

the only thing I buy from the £ shops is scented candles, 3 for a £1, big
one as well. :-)

I like batteries, 16 AAs or 50 odd button cells for a quid.

Amazing how many of them work.

And a most excellent 5M protek tape measure :-)

mike

mindwipe

"mike ring" wrote in message
. 1.4...
"

the only thing I buy from the £ shops is scented candles, 3 for a £1, big
one as well. :-)

I like batteries, 16 AAs or 50 odd button cells for a quid.

Amazing how many of them work.

And a most excellent 5M protek tape measure :-)

mike

got a dog ball thrower and ball
plus another bag of 4 balls

£2 well spent

mindwipe wrote:
"mike ring" wrote in message
. 1.4...
"

the only thing I buy from the =A3 shops is scented candles, 3 for a =

=A31, big
one as well. :-)

I like batteries, 16 AAs or 50 odd button cells for a quid.

Amazing how many of them work.

And a most excellent 5M protek tape measure :-)

mike

got a dog ball thrower and ball
plus another bag of 4 balls

=A32 well spent

Got a few rolls of self adhesive
joint tape =A31 a roll. beats paying near five quid a roll from Wickes.

david lang

mindwipe wrote:
got a dog ball thrower and ball
plus another bag of 4 balls

£2 well spent

How far will it throw the dog?

Dave

Andy Hall

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 21:03:08 +0100, "mindwipe"
wrote:

"mike ring" wrote in message
.1.4...
"

the only thing I buy from the £ shops is scented candles, 3 for a £1, big
one as well. :-)

I like batteries, 16 AAs or 50 odd button cells for a quid.

Amazing how many of them work.

And a most excellent 5M protek tape measure :-)

mike

got a dog ball thrower and ball
plus another bag of 4 balls

£2 well spent

Poor dog :-(

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Ian Stirling

david lang wrote:
mindwipe wrote:
got a dog ball thrower and ball
plus another bag of 4 balls

?2 well spent

How far will it throw the dog?

It doesn't throw the _whole_ dog.
ben

mindwipe wrote:
"mike ring" wrote in message
. 1.4...
"

the only thing I buy from the £ shops is scented candles, 3 for a
£1, big one as well. :-)

I like batteries, 16 AAs or 50 odd button cells for a quid.

Amazing how many of them work.

And a most excellent 5M protek tape measure :-)

mike

got a dog ball thrower and ball
plus another bag of 4 balls

£2 well spent

Your dog must have some balls?

Mark

mike ring wrote in message
. 1.4...
"

the only thing I buy from the £ shops is scented candles, 3 for a £1,

big
one as well. :-)

I like batteries, 16 AAs or 50 odd button cells for a quid.

Amazing how many of them work.

And a most excellent 5M protek tape measure :-)

And the twopack LED keyring torches
That's two super bright white LEDs and 4 x 2032 batteries for a pound

david lang

Ben
the only thing I buy from the £ shops is scented candles, 3 for a £1,

Mike
I like batteries, 16 AAs or 50 odd button cells for a quid.

nthng
Got a few rolls of self adhesive joint tape £1 a roll

Mark
That's two super bright white LEDs and 4 x 2032 batteries for a pound

Errrrm. You don't have to tell people how much things are in a Pound
Shop...............

:-)

Dave

dave stanton

How far will it throw the dog?

It doesn't throw the _whole_ dog.

Just its balls!!

Dave, having a flashback to a Jasper Carrot joke.

Owain

david lang wrote:
That's two super bright white LEDs and 4 x 2032 batteries for a pound
Errrrm. You don't have to tell people how much things are in a Pound
Shop...............

In my local 'pound shop' everything's 99p.

I wonder what would happen to all the pound shops if we went Euro.

Owain

mike ring

"Mark" wrote in news:4xtNe.12056$wh6.7694@newsfe2-
win.ntli.net:

And the twopack LED keyring torches
That's two super bright white LEDs and 4 x 2032 batteries for a pound

TWO for a quid!!

I wuz robbed - I only got _one_!

mike
ben

david lang wrote:
Ben
the only thing I buy from the £ shops is scented candles, 3 for a
£1, Mike I like batteries, 16 AAs or 50 odd button cells for a quid.

nthng
Got a few rolls of self adhesive joint tape £1 a roll

Mark
That's two super bright white LEDs and 4 x 2032 batteries for a pound

Errrrm. You don't have to tell people how much things are in a Pound
Shop...............

:-)

Dave

And you dont have to put other peoples names in the OP's post. :-)
mine lower case by the way.

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In article , Owain
URL:mailto
I wonder what would happen to all the pound shops if we went Euro.

In Nice they are 1 Euro 80, in Cannes they are 2 Euro shops.

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In article , ben
wrote:

mine lower case by the way.

Names are nouns. Nouns are capitalised.

S Viemeister

"Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)" wrote:

In article , ben
wrote:

mine lower case by the way.

Names are nouns. Nouns are capitalised.

In German. Not so much in English.

Sheila
ben

wrote:

mine lower case by the way.

Names are nouns. Nouns are capitalised.

Is this uk.d-i-y or uk.d-i-y.pedantics ?

Bob Eager

wrote:

mine lower case by the way.

Names are nouns. Nouns are capitalised.

In German. Not so much in English.

Sheila

Proper nouns are.

Andy Hall

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 14:25:21 +0100, "Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)"
wrote:

In article , Owain
URL:mailto
I wonder what would happen to all the pound shops if we went Euro.

In Nice they are 1 Euro 80, in Cannes they are 2 Euro shops.

Mmmmm.... although I wouldn't describe Cannes as 10% better than Nice
- both are fairly crappy IMO.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
ben

Owain wrote:
ben wrote:
Is this uk.d-i-y or uk.d-i-y.pedantics ?

It's not /our/ fault you're neurotypical.

Owain

Can't find that in the Oxford or Cambridge?

You must be using the 'Dictionary.com', anyone tell you thats American. :-P

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Rob Morley wrote:
What about eBay and ntl: and other names that make a point of not
having an upper-case first letter?

And Barclay's I-Bank

If I type in my name with a capital letter it refuses it.

--
*I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

ben

Owain wrote:
ben wrote:
Is this uk.d-i-y or uk.d-i-y.pedantics ?
It's not /our/ fault you're neurotypical.

Can't find that in the Oxford or Cambridge?

Try wikipedia

Why would I wan't to use an American encyclopedia I'm in England? gawd they
can't even get the word 'color'(colour), right.

You must be using the 'Dictionary.com', anyone tell you thats
American. :-P

Anyone tell you that even Americans use apostrophes and question
marks? :-PPP

Pendantic is the nearest thing to occupying small things in small minds.

Owain

Bob Eager

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 14:40:57 UTC, "ben" wrote:

Pendantic is the nearest thing to occupying small things in small minds.

Are you talking about swinging from the ceiling?

(OK, I know *he* won't get it...)

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In article , Rob Morley
wrote:

What about eBay and ntl: and other names that make a point of not
having an upper-case first letter?

It just tells me that they are staffed by illiterates and so probably would
not gain my custom.

--
AJL
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In article , Andy Hall
wrote:

What about eBay and ntl: and other names that make a point of not
having an upper-case first letter?

That's called marketing affectation.

ITYM affliction ?

** Would you like to learn to post effectively? **
** http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post **

Andy Hall

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:14:11 +0100, "Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)"
wrote:

In article , Andy Hall
wrote:

What about eBay and ntl: and other names that make a point of not
having an upper-case first letter?

That's called marketing affectation.

ITYM affliction ?

Both are appropriate

wrote:

Mmmmm.... although I wouldn't describe Cannes as 10% better than Nice
- both are fairly crappy IMO.

I would agree that Cannes attracts a certain type. I do love old Nice
though. I get there whenever I can sneak off for a few days. The flower
market is also incredible. I bought some raspberries there and they tasted
like raspberries. :-)