Mary Fisher

"Bob Martin" wrote in message
in 439066 20050818 092535 "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Alan Vann" wrote in message
Mr Fizzion wrote:
Personally I hate them and their stupid noises. There are two types
you are likely to see however: The common "town pigeon" (Columba
livia) which doesn't have the white band round its neck, and the Wood
Pigeon (Columba palumbus) which does have the white band.

Ah. Well round here we get the third type, Collared Doves. *******s!

I just wish they could play a different tune occasionally, they are so
monotonotonotonotonous.

Same with most of the animals and machines we live with.

I prefer absolutely any natural sounds to the noise emanating from my
neighbour's radio.

So do I. and they're devised and produced by 'humans'.

Mary

Bob Martin

"Alan Vann" wrote in message
Mr Fizzion wrote:
Personally I hate them and their stupid noises. There are two types
you are likely to see however: The common "town pigeon" (Columba
livia) which doesn't have the white band round its neck, and the Wood
Pigeon (Columba palumbus) which does have the white band.

Ah. Well round here we get the third type, Collared Doves. *******s!

I just wish they could play a different tune occasionally, they are so
monotonotonotonotonous.

Same with most of the animals and machines we live with.

I prefer absolutely any natural sounds to the noise emanating from my
neighbour's radio.

Yes this "green luvie" view of the world is all very well. I've never heard your
neighbour's radio - mine's just being playing some rather excellent piano works
by Beethoven. Look, those animals are not there doing as a favour (I mean as far
as -they- are concerned). I too love many aspects of nature and wildlife but do
not live in a green bubble where everything is sweetness and light and all the
little birdies and cuddly animals scurry about to entertain us. Nature (and
life) just isn't like that. I would bet that if you were locked in a room for a
day with those monotous pigeon sounds played to you repeatedly, you'd soon yearn
for even Radio One.

Sorry, Dave, you would lose that bet. I have all sorts of wildlife in my garden and I love it.
My house is surrounded by trees and thus the "song" of pigeons and doves but I'm used
to it after 40 years here.
My radio is permanently tuned to R3 with the volume down low.
I wouldn't prefer R1 to anything.
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In article , Mary Fisher
wrote:

[Cigarette ash]

It's litter. Do you drop it on your floor in your house?

Litter which also ends up in the face of following motorcyclists.

--
AJL

Mary Fisher wrote:

"Seri" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mary, just out of curiousity, what do you object to about people
dropping cigarette ash out of a car window? I can understand object to
someone dropping the actuall cigarette end or other litter, but can't
understand the objection to the ash...

Only reason I ask is that I'm a smoker and do often flick the ash of my
cigarettes out of the window (not the butts mind) under the assumption
that there was nothing in this action that could cause offense...

Thanks for any response.

Seri

It's litter. Do you drop it on your floor in your house?

While I am a non-smoker and don't like ash I think you question is a
little strange. He's dropping the ash outdoors not in a building.

A more reasonable question would be "Do you drop it on your garden?"
to which the answer is most probably yes, and I wouldn't really object
to a bit of ash on my lawn.

--
Chris Green