vortex2

Default [OT] 2 Telephone lines, one handset?

Hi,

In my office at home I have 2 telephone lines but I'm completely narked off
with having 2 handsets.

Can anybody recommend/can you purchase a handset with 2 line inputs, and
perhaps a unique ringtone for each line?

David

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"vortex2" writes:
Hi,

In my office at home I have 2 telephone lines but I'm completely narked off
with having 2 handsets.

Can anybody recommend/can you purchase a handset with 2 line inputs, and

Converse 2025, IIRC, also with callerid on each line.

perhaps a unique ringtone for each line?

Don't think it can do that.

You get better answers from uk.telecom, strangely enough...

--
Andrew Gabriel

vortex2

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
"vortex2" writes:
Hi,

In my office at home I have 2 telephone lines but I'm completely narked
off
with having 2 handsets.

Can anybody recommend/can you purchase a handset with 2 line inputs, and

Converse 2025, IIRC, also with callerid on each line.

perhaps a unique ringtone for each line?

Don't think it can do that.

You get better answers from uk.telecom, strangely enough...

--
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks,

There's nothing wriong with your answer, and actually with judicious
Googling I came to the same conclusion. (I have an aversion to alien
newsgroups)

"BT CONVERSE 2025-2"

Ta.

David

mike ring

You get better answers from uk.telecom, strangely enough...

--
Andrew Gabriel

I pretty much find I get the best answers here!

(I have an aversion to alien
newsgroups)

Yes, look what keeps happening to Lt Ripley, to say nothing of the others

Jones
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"vortex2" writes:

There's nothing wriong with your answer, and actually with judicious
Googling I came to the same conclusion. (I have an aversion to alien
newsgroups)

If you post to the right newsgroup, you'll get a much greater
number of experts. There are probably several phones meeting
your criteria. I only mention the one I happened to have.
Also you do less damage to this newsgroup's signal to noise
ratio.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Chris Hodges

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"vortex2" writes:

Hi,

In my office at home I have 2 telephone lines but I'm completely narked off
with having 2 handsets.

Can anybody recommend/can you purchase a handset with 2 line inputs, and

Converse 2025, IIRC, also with callerid on each line.

perhaps a unique ringtone for each line?

Don't think it can do that.

Splitter in each socket and 2 different ringers, turn the ringer off on
the phone?

--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with blueyonder dot co dot uk
Andy Dingley

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 20:09:36 GMT, Chris Hodges
wrote:

Splitter in each socket and 2 different ringers, turn the ringer off on
the phone?

And the best ringer is still a 746 phone - 4000 ohm if you can find it.
at least you can _hear_ a bell.

You could even put two of them on a desk next to each other and tell
which was ringing by listening to the location of the sound. Try doing
that with a modern squeaker!

(My phone's a BT Tribune BTW, last model with a real bell)
Andy Hall

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:41:14 +0100, "vortex2"
wrote:

Hi,

In my office at home I have 2 telephone lines but I'm completely narked off
with having 2 handsets.

Can anybody recommend/can you purchase a handset with 2 line inputs, and
perhaps a unique ringtone for each line?

David

I have this and use a Polycom Soundpoint Pro. It has two analogue
line connections, conferencing capability between the lines, high
quality speaker phone, etc. It's the desktop version of the Polycom
Soundstation which is pretty much the industry standard conferencing
phone.

This model also has a headphone socket with invidual activate button.
I use this with a Plantronics headset for lengthy conference and other
phone calls.

A good solution.

Another option would be to install a small analogue PABX. That way,
you could be a bit more sophisticated and, for example, pick up a call
from another phone in the house (e.g. office line rings when making a
coffee) or to divert a call coming in on one of the lines while you
are talking on the other to an answering machine.

... or you could do both.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
raden

In message , vortex2
writes
Hi,

In my office at home I have 2 telephone lines but I'm completely narked off
with having 2 handsets.

Can anybody recommend/can you purchase a handset with 2 line inputs, and
perhaps a unique ringtone for each line?

Yes, I bought one from RS for 20 something quid recently

it's at work, so you'll have to look up the model number yourself

--
geoff
The Natural Philosopher

raden wrote:

In message , vortex2
writes

Hi,

In my office at home I have 2 telephone lines but I'm completely
narked off
with having 2 handsets.

Can anybody recommend/can you purchase a handset with 2 line inputs, and
perhaps a unique ringtone for each line?

Yes, I bought one from RS for 20 something quid recently

it's at work, so you'll have to look up the model number yourself

What is the point of two telephone lines and a single handset? You can't
use both at once...

raden

In message , The Natural
Philosopher writes
raden wrote:

In message , vortex2
writes

Hi,

In my office at home I have 2 telephone lines but I'm completely
narked off
with having 2 handsets.

Can anybody recommend/can you purchase a handset with 2 line inputs, and
perhaps a unique ringtone for each line?

Yes, I bought one from RS for 20 something quid recently
it's at work, so you'll have to look up the model number yourself

What is the point of two telephone lines and a single handset? You
can't use both at once...

Well, I use it as an extra handset to go with the "wanderphone"
(incoming) and on the fax line as an outgoing line

--
geoff
Andy Hall

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 18:57:12 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

raden wrote:

In message , vortex2
writes

Hi,

In my office at home I have 2 telephone lines but I'm completely
narked off
with having 2 handsets.

Can anybody recommend/can you purchase a handset with 2 line inputs, and
perhaps a unique ringtone for each line?

Yes, I bought one from RS for 20 something quid recently

it's at work, so you'll have to look up the model number yourself

What is the point of two telephone lines and a single handset? You can't
use both at once...

Yes you can.

- Conference calls
- With caller ID you can decide whether to park a call in progress and
speak to the new caller or let him divert to voice mail.
- Saves desk space

You can do some of these things with a PABX and if it's a single
telephone account, some of it at the telco, but this is a way of
handling things when you have two completely separate lines for
business and home purposes or multiple business lines etc.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
What is the point of two telephone lines and a single handset? You can't
use both at once...

You've only got one phone in the house? How very quaint. ;-)

--
*Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher writes:
What is the point of two telephone lines and a single handset? You can't
use both at once...

Avoids needing two handsets (more importantly, the desk footprint
they use up) if you have a home line and a business line.

--
Andrew Gabriel

The Natural Philosopher

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher writes:

What is the point of two telephone lines and a single handset? You can't
use both at once...

Avoids needing two handsets (more importantly, the desk footprint
they use up) if you have a home line and a business line.

Well thats a PABX then.

.

In my office at home I have 2 telephone lines but I'm completely narked off
with having 2 handsets.

Can anybody recommend/can you purchase a handset with 2 line inputs, and
perhaps a unique ringtone for each line?

http://www.homephonesonline.co.uk/pr...sp?item=100379
Its the BT Converse 2025 (No longer made) but still available.
--
..