xXx

Default Decking End Grain

Hello
I have run out of end grain preservative and cannot get any from
anywhere...even online is proving difficult to find in stock.

So my question is- Can I just use the decking stain/sealant I have as
a substitute?
Or does anyone have a link to a site I can get it from...

regards
ST
Stuart Noble

xXx wrote:
Hello
I have run out of end grain preservative and cannot get any from
anywhere...even online is proving difficult to find in stock.

So my question is- Can I just use the decking stain/sealant I have as
a substitute?
Or does anyone have a link to a site I can get it from...

regards
ST

Waste of time anyway IME. If you want to stop rot, the only way is to
ensure that there is sufficient ventilation round it so that it gets a
chance to dry out.
If this isn't possible, try rubbing a candle over the end grain.
Paraffin wax is an excellent waterproofer and, because most of the
moisture going in and out of wood travels this way, it should prolong
the life of the boards. Surprisingly little water penetrates the faces,
however wet they look.
Pete C

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:58:38 +0100, xXx wrote:

Hello
I have run out of end grain preservative and cannot get any from
anywhere...even online is proving difficult to find in stock.

So my question is- Can I just use the decking stain/sealant I have as
a substitute?
Or does anyone have a link to a site I can get it from...

Hi,

Just dip the cut ends in clear wood preserver, wait to dry then give a
generous coat of stain.

cheers,
Pete.

Bolt Action or Double Rifle! [email protected] Metalworking 76 April 3rd 05 06:42 AM
Decking LetterBee UK diy 6 April 2nd 05 02:59 PM
pulling up decking Dundonald UK diy 21 March 7th 05 09:48 AM
Composite decking: Trex or WeatherBest? Dave K. Home Repair 3 February 18th 04 03:12 AM