Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Rod

Default OT French Kettles

We have been looking for a new kettle for some months now.

After dismissing every one we see for some reason or another, we came
across the Krups FLF2 - which we think might be fine:

http://www.johnlewis.com/Electrical/...nd+Coffee/Kett
les/230196542/Product.aspx

Except we don't like black!

Further searching found:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...0004JMMQC/qid=
1123881650/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-7674411-6356966?v=glance&s=kitchen&n=
507846

which appears to be the same kettle but available in white (that would be
acceptable). But, being amazon.com, this is obviously the US model FLF2-J4
- wrong voltage and a paltry 1750 watts. The wattage issues have been
discussed at considerable length here recently.

As we are off to France for a couple of days, I just thought about getting
one there. (DIY bit - I would have to change the plug!)

http://www.leguide.com/sb/leguide/re.../org/3/t/1/502
0500.htm

Again, this is a similar model (FLF244) but it seems to be in noir only.
And here at last is the question! Why is this is rated at 2200 watts? Do
French electrics not support 3 KW appliances? How do they handle high load
appliances such as heaters, cookers, etc.?

(No - thankfully we are not and were not going to be flying!)
--
Rod

OT - Blue & Red jim rozen Metalworking 238 August 4th 05 05:45 PM
French Drain Burhans Home Repair 4 May 28th 05 12:36 AM
OT-The French Gunner Metalworking 25 January 8th 05 09:41 AM
Learn French in the Alps. Ken Vaughn Woodturning 0 October 4th 04 02:18 AM
French Windows - Draught and Weather sealing by design ? Bob S. Woodworking 1 July 23rd 03 05:10 AM