john

Default Choice of saw for laminate flooring

Any advice on a suitable saw for cutting laminate flooring. It may be a one
off so I am not looking at a power solution.

Thanks

David Lang

"john" wrote in message

Any advice on a suitable saw for cutting laminate flooring. It may be a
one off so I am not looking at a power solution.

Why not? You can buy a jigsaw for around £10 in B&Q these days. Do the job
& bin it.

Dave

Steve Walker

john wrote:
Any advice on a suitable saw for cutting laminate flooring. It
may be a one off so I am not looking at a power solution.

decent brand, fine-toothed, hardpoint. job done.

Aaron

Steve Walker wrote:
john wrote:

Any advice on a suitable saw for cutting laminate flooring. It
may be a one off so I am not looking at a power solution.

decent brand, fine-toothed, hardpoint. job done.

....Saw now blunt :P. (I've found the teeth were easily damanged and
blunt on my Stanley fine-toothed hardpoint after laying a room's worth
of laminate... I think the actuall laminate on-top doesnt do to much
good for the teeth.

Maybe a cheap B&Q job would be the answer?

--
Aaron.

Steve Walker

Aaron wrote:
Steve Walker wrote:
john wrote:

Any advice on a suitable saw for cutting laminate flooring. It
may be a one off so I am not looking at a power solution.

decent brand, fine-toothed, hardpoint. job done.

...Saw now blunt :P. (I've found the teeth were easily damanged
and blunt on my Stanley fine-toothed hardpoint after laying a
room's worth of laminate... I think the actuall laminate on-top
doesnt do to much good for the teeth.

Maybe a cheap B&Q job would be the answer?

Not in my view - I think you just have to accept that a £10 saw is a
disposable element of the job.