Mary Fisher

"Peter Parry" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:57:45 GMT, dave wrote:

What's dilute H2O?

Dilute Hydric acid, nasty stuff - see http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

Oh, I thought it was Hydrogen hydroxide. Equally nasty.

Perhaps chemistry's changed since I worked in a lab :-)

Mary

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/

Owain

dave wrote:
I wonder if those "forensic" style overalls are available cheaply somewhere.
Ordinary overalls I find way too thick for comfortable working in
a hot loftspace, My 2p's worth anyway.

Search ebay for (disposable,tyvek) in business/office/industrial:

Item no 7538180280 - 25 clean room overalls for £65, new seller no feedback

Item no 7537382361 - £3.50 (£5.00 incl P&P)

Item no 7539458887 - £2 each incl P&P, 26 available

Item no 7539655625 - £4.49 incl P&P, 5 available

Item no 7539460120 - £1 each + postage, 200 available

(no connection with / experience of any of the sellers)

Owain
Bob Eager

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:57:45 UTC, dave wrote:

I wonder if those "forensic" style
overalls are available cheaply somewhere.

1.20 each (plus VAT) in a variety of sizes from CPC. Search for 'body
protector'.

(but we call them 'SOCO suits' !)

Bob Mannix

"Peter Parry" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:57:45 GMT, dave wrote:

What's dilute H2O?

Dilute Hydric acid, nasty stuff - see http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

A good end to the week ) I particularly liked "a major component of acid
rain".

Junior Member

Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Millfold Group came today and laid Fibreglass insulation in my loft =
they said it was Rockwool but later retracted haveing said this. Anyway
the guys came and unrolled the stuff. I went up the ladder to have a
look and touched the insulation and not too long after I felt wheezy
and itching all over my body. My arms and hands were actually read and
feeling very itchy.
It made me think that I am allergic to the material they used. I told
them to remove it and put something else. Is there something else ?
and how many people have this type of loft insulation = is it safe in
the long run ?
They originally said it is Rockwool - whatever that is - but then said
no, it is fibreglass.
Does this material in time become "friendly", ie not causing itchiness
and wheezing to the chest.
Why do they put this kind of material in the lost - is it really that
effective for heat preservation in the winter ?
Had I known it would cause this reaction I would not have had the loft
insulated.
Has anyone a similar experience - different loft insulation installed ?

j Hunt

Try sprayed on insulation. www.spray-insulation.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ALLERGIC REACTION TO LOFT INSULATION

replying to johunt, Kerry lady wrote:
Yeah my face got red and itchy and I got a sore throat for a few days when the
loft was insulated at work. horrible! It doesn't bother me now though but I
ask them to warn me whenever they have to take off ceiling tiles.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...on-741682-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/02/2017 21:44, Kerry lady wrote:
replying to johunt, Kerry lady wrote:
Yeah my face got red and itchy and I got a sore throat for a few days
when the
loft was insulated at work. horrible! It doesn't bother me now though
but I
ask them to warn me whenever they have to take off ceiling tiles.

I think after 12 years Mr Hunt will be over this.

This might assist you with posting to a newsgroup, albeit through a website:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855

- If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you
summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just
enough text of the original to give a context.

loft insulation DIY Novice UK diy 16 October 22nd 04 09:33 AM
Mains Halogen Lights - Loft Insulation Safety Question john UK diy 3 February 16th 04 12:47 PM
Fixing loft boarding *through* insulation and derating cable. Mike Hall UK diy 11 January 9th 04 03:45 PM
Loft Insulation - Best Type and Tips for Installation L Reid UK diy 22 October 19th 03 10:26 PM
Loft insulation Conrad Edwards UK diy 0 August 25th 03 09:57 PM