Default non return valve for dishwasher

I want to put a non return valve into the waste pipe on a dishwasher.

I've been looking all over the net. I can find fitting kits for
tapping into an existing sink pipe that include a non return valve.
However, I can't find anywhere that just does an inline non return
valve that can be spliced into the existing flexible waste discharge
pipe on the dishwasher.

I have also tried a few local plumbing suppliers. It's the same thing.
They all do the tapping kits, but not the inline valves.

Thanks,
Graham

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
OldBill writes:
I saw them in B&Q not long ago, grey plastic with both ends ridged.
Looked as though they're supposed to go on the flexy-waste.
Maybe they're called anti-siphon so thats why you can't find them?

Anti-siphon valve is different. It's an air admittance valve.
It won't stop waste flowing backwards, it just stops it being
siphoned back (or forwards) by allowing air into the pipe, like
the exposed trap entry does.

--
Andrew Gabriel

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 20:44:49 +0100, OldBill
wrote:

I saw them in B&Q not long ago, grey plastic with both ends ridged.
Looked as though they're supposed to go on the flexy-waste.
Maybe they're called anti-siphon so thats why you can't find them?

I asked in the local B&Q and they said they did not stock them. I
can't find them on their web site.

A further web search didn't throw up an answer.

I shall keep looking.

Graham

Lobster

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
OldBill writes:

I saw them in B&Q not long ago, grey plastic with both ends ridged.
Looked as though they're supposed to go on the flexy-waste.
Maybe they're called anti-siphon so thats why you can't find them?

Anti-siphon valve is different. It's an air admittance valve.

OldBill's description actually fits the antisyphon valve equally as well
as the non-return valve I was on about - mine had a built-in spring and
plunger affair. I was in B&Q today buying plumbing bits (only cos
BLOODY Lynx had lost my anticipated Screwfix order) and so had a shufti
for it; couldn't see one I'm afraid.

David